Post Ewan McKenna

It’s true he is. Kilruane parish would have a good few Protestant families in it too. But still a very small minority. There were mounseys who hurled a bit with Toome some were catholic and some were Protestant. Different branches of the same families. All the catholics are Ryan’s, O’Briens, Maher’s or Kennedy’s in North Tipp.

Good few of them around Nenagh I believe

Toomevara parish

Cloughjordan (The biggest section of Kilruane parish) is one of the few big villages/small towns around that would have a COI, Catholic church, Methodist church and an eco village.
Very diverse part of the world.

1 Like

Isn’t there a few Jehovahs witnesses in Kilruane also?

Yeah, Jerome Cahill is a Jehovah’s

A good article by Paul Rouse earlier in the year.

The stat about Kinnity is interesting.

1 Like

The Cahills are devote Jehovah’s and are prioritising it over their hurling careers.

I can remember hearing that before. There was something about the hurling team only being able to play at certain times due to it.

Hardly the reason he dropped off the Tipp panel.

I never knew that. Is Dinny Cahill that family as well?

They got the Old Testament style names out of it.

Limerick doping is killing hurling

Didn’t Christy Moore sing about cricket in Cloughjordan?

1 Like

Clare are at nothing since Davy stamped out the drug taking.

1 Like

Dinny is related I think, either an uncle or cousin. Don’t think all the Cahill clan are Jehovah’s, but could be wrong

1 Like

Tipp lads asking each other who’s related to who :smiley: ye’re all related ye inbred fuckers :joy:

We’re very diverse mate. Protestants, Jehovah’s Witnesses and Catholics alike making up our county GAA teams

1 Like

He’s a trained accountant in dublin I think which is number 1. He then prioritised his religion over his hobby. His brother didn’t play senior last year with Kilruane afaik because of this.

1 Like

whereas in Limerick