Post Ewan McKenna

I pass it all the time but the gate is always locked (the one beside the petrol station). Is there another way in? Where’s the house?

House is at same spot. Think there was only a job done on it in last decade or so.

Informative. Didn’t know the quakers were still going in Limerick. If I joined would I become good at business I wonder

You could have a goodbody.

The meeting house was operating as a Montessori school for the past 15 years or so, my own kids went, then the Quakers pushed the tent up astronomically so the lady has now retired, the entrance is via that small estate where you turn right after Greenpark shopping centre, Southville Gardens, the gate by punches is never open

1 Like

On a slightly related note, there’s a significant amount of English surnames in North Tipp, particularly in places like Nenagh, Toomevara, Borrisokane, Cloughjordan, Roscrea, Templemore. I assume these are spill over names from the Plantation of Kings/Queens Counties.

Borrisokane is a CoI hotbed.

1 Like

Do they engage in local GAA or is there a distinction in communities?

As far as I know, Tipp footballer Philip Austin is a Protestant. I was in a pub in Borrisokane years ago and rebel songs were blaring out from the stereo, with the barman singing along. My friend told me the barman and his family were Protestants. He also said that when his father went to a CoI funeral years back, he got some tut tuts from friends :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ffs

Hurling is the 12th most played sport in Ireland, a very obscure question

1 Like

Are you following the America’s Cup mate?

GAA about far more than just hurling/sport muchacho, hence the question.

Sit in, pull up a chair, you may learn something

1 Like

TNZ will win

1 Like

3 Likes

Defund it from the sports budget

More than a game; a community

1 Like

The English football team and rugby team get more viewers in Ireland than the hurling final

It would want to be more than a game considering so few play

Yup.

Nasty post