Post Recession Tiger Largesse and Excess

I think we know the same lad. I was in some boozer on Parnell St the last day and some nice fella came in and offered me 10 packs of Dennys ham and a case of Marlboro lights. He said they were for a friend of his but coulnā€™t find him so was kindly offering them to me on the cheap

2 Likes

The White Water rafting facility is a great idea. It obviously came from someone passionate within the council, but what harm if the business case is solid. The Councillors really questioned it last night. Itā€™s something different and will liven the place up.

The people moaning about it are the same people who usually say thereā€™s nothing for kids to do in the city.

1 Like

Itā€™s mostly being funded by grants (some EU afaik) and development site fees, the latter of which are ring fenced for specific things.

Should we stop spending money on any public amenities until this latest crisis is sorted? Pretty sure another one will be just around the corner.

2 Likes

you are dealing with dimwit muldoons here mate, did you really need to reply?

Why donā€™t ye put an artificial ski slope on Stephenā€™s Green while yeā€™re at it?

1 Like

Ppl / houses first,arts etc well funded,as for leisure facilities most of the ppl in need canā€™t afford them

Thereā€™s plenty of money for housing. Its poor policy that is causing the housing crisis not lack of funds.

1 Like

Itā€™s a great idea and it will pay for itself within 1 year of opening. More of this type of investment, please.

If itā€™s good enough for @Horsebox then itā€™s good enough for me. I hereby endorse this investment.

Iā€™m beginning to see the flaw in your infrastructure financing algorithm

1 Like

I was replying to your post at the exact same time you were replying to my post on a different thread! Thatā€™s gas isnā€™t it?

We just get each other, mate.

1 Like

50 a pop, itā€™ll be an attraction the first few months, the ifsc brigade will consider a sub aqua unit but itā€™ll peter out. I donā€™t forsee the nerds walking around with wakeboards

The internet is great isnā€™t it. Thereā€™s lads on here like yourself, @anon61878697, @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy and @Perez2017 that Iā€™ve never met in real life before but I feel closer to them than some of my actual friends. Just goes to show you that people should engage with social media from a very early age and spend a lot of time doing it.

7 Likes

People were saying the same thing about surf dock a few years ago and they appear to be going from strength to strength. Young people these days are into doing new things rather than just drinking. Itā€™s a sad turn of events but there are some benefits to it.

I can see it being popular with tourists like the way people go to that Blue Lagoon place if they visit Iceland or go to that outdoor pools/spa yoke if they visit Budapest. Cunts will be queuing up to go white water rafting in Dublin.

Canā€™t disagree with that, FG? FFS hope the ppl vote with some imagination next time out

Itā€™ll also be a mecca for office S & S clubs. Itā€™s going to be a goldmine.

Tag rugby will be the big loser

1 Like

I can see Ireland getting to many quarter finals in the white water rafting World Cup.

1 Like