Premier League 2017/18

+1. It’s great going to work after the weekend to hear two muldoons arguing about a typical Big Sam display or something. Long live the EPL and the cult of the EPL manager.

I think a juxtaposition of i) the decline of religion, ii) an examination of the messiah complexes that are nowadays bestowed on Premier League managers by the public, and iii) an exploration of the sociological reasons for such, would make an excellent subject for a column for the very witty Larry Ryan.

I think the run up to Christmas is the perfect time for it. It would be lovely to read about how our increasingly Godless society has moved to fill its vacuum of spirituality by bestowing the status of secular Gods on the likes of Paul Clement, Marco Silva, Sean Dyche, Claude Puel, Sam Allardyce, Alan Pardew and, of course, David Moyes (the Chosen One).

How about it, Larry?

1 Like

Some cult alright. That’s muldoons for ya.

1 Like

The ice-cream in McKillopp’s is divine if you’re ever in Carnlough.

Odd how it had to be dragged out of Boycott.

Romelu Lukaku has firmly silenced the critics who say he can’t do it against top class opposition by scoring against the mighty Bournemouth.

I expect him to score a hat trick now.

I think we’re ok

1 Like

David Silva is a shoe in for FOTY.

Nah, it’ll be KDB I’d say. Silva has been class though, really brought on his game again under Pep.

Johnjo just got a red

Big Sam is the fucking man.

1 Like

Holy shit, that looked over the line for West Ham

Liverpool drew at home with West Brom a couple of years back and Klopp celebrated with his players like they won the league at full time. Wonder will he be doing the same tonight.

Crucial 3 points tonight for Spurs as we leapfrog Burnley into 4th. Looks like a straight shoot out between the 2 clubs for the last champions league berth.

Sounds like united were really holding on there at the end. De Gea must be really glad that move to Madrid fell through all those years ago.

@Fran has FOTY sown up this year

You are as reliable as a Guinness shite.

A 4-0 for Paul Clement’s hapless Swansea.

1 Like

Paul or Sparky for the chop next.