Premier League 2018/19

They have Utd + Spurs + Chelsea + away to Everton.

Spurs have a big say in this yet

Manchester City have trips to Sean Dyche’s Burnley and Crystal Palace still. They failed to win either of those two matches last season. Just 2 of the 6 out of 38 league matches, they failed to pick up all three points in.

City have beaten Burnley 5-0 twice already this season. Be grand

Hopefully City are rightly docked points for financial doping.

They have made a net profit on players this season.

If Manchester City reach both the FA Cup semi-finals and Champions League semi-finals (and one strongly fancies that they will almost certainly reach at least the quarter finals of both) they will have an extremely punishing run in.

If they reach the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, the league game against Manchester United on St. Patrick’s weekend will have to be put back, and if they reach the semis, the league game against Cardiff will have to be put back, meaning Liverpool, and indeed Tottenham, will have a chance to move ahead in the table.

It’ll also mean Manchester City go into the key Tottenham game on April 20th off the back of a gruelling derby game at Old Trafford just three or four days earlier, whereas Tottenham will have a clear lead in. City may well have only two free midweeks between now and the end of the season.

The run of fixtures between April 2/3 and April 20 is likely to be telling.

A potential fixture list is as follows:

Feb 16: Newport (A) FA Cup
Feb 20: Schalke (A) Champions League
Feb 24: Chelsea (N) League Cup
Feb 27: West Ham (H) League
Mar 2: Bournemouth (A) League
Mar 9: Watford (H) League
Mar 12: Schalke (H) Champions Leaguue
Mar 16: FA Cup 6th Round
International break
Mar 30: Fulham (A)
Apr 2/3: Champions League Quarter-Final 1st leg
Apr 6: FA Cup semi-final
Apr 9/10: Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd leg
Apr 13: Crystal Palace (A) League
Apr 16/17: Manchester United (A) League
Apr 20: Tottenham Hotspur (H) League
Apr 23/24: Cardiff (H) League
Apr 27: Burnley (A) League
Apr 30/May 1: Champions League Semi-Final 1st leg
May 4: Leicester (H) League
May 7/8: Champions League Semi-Final 2nd leg
May 12: Brighton (A) League

Spurs are currently scheduled to face Crystal Palace in a midday kick off on St Patrick’s Day. If Crystal Palace survive a trip to Doncaster in Round 5, that visit of Palace to White Hart Lane falls by the wayside and back to 16/17 April presumably?

Spurs are also scheduled to face Brighton on FA Cup semi final weekend. Brighton also still in the Cup, at home to Derby County in Round 5. Maybe we should have tried to stay in the FA Cup. Getting eliminated seems to just create backlog as well.

There will only be one other top 6 side in the FA Cup they could face so they should stroll through that, they also have a very generous CL last 16 draw and have De Bruyne back after missing most of the season as should have Mendy back shortly.

Guardiola has shown plenty of faith in his squad this season and has rotated it and will continue to do so. I think City will drop a maximum of 5 points from here on in and will finish on 93 points. Liverpool will probably need to hit 94 points to win the league and Klopp doesn’t seem to trust his depth players in attack at all. They are heavily reliant on their front three staying fit and fresh and that front three have played a huge amount of games in the past two seasons.

I see City winning with around 93 points and Liverpool back on 87/88 points.

88 points would be very good going for Liverpool. Anything over that would be immense

88 points would win you the league more often than not. 14 titles have been won with less points totals.

How many london derbies have Spurs left to play @GeoffreyBoycott

The Bayern Munich game will be big psychologically for Liverpool. Bayern look very vulnerable at the moment, and I fancy Liverpool to put them away.

A good win there, and will Liverpool will head to Old Trafford in fine fettle.

It’s stating the obvious but the three games in the space of seven days against Manchester United, Watford and Everton are so crucial.

I’d be a bit worried about the Watford game. Liverpool will only have three days rest before that one to Watford’s five. It’s the sort of game Liverpool could possibly trip up in whereas Manchester City will likely put Watford away pretty easily 10 days later.

If Liverpool could get through those three games taking seven points, I’d be delighted. Nine and the road to the title would open up in a massive way.

City 94, Liverpool 88.

Watching MOTD2 here. Can’t believe Leicester sprung vardy to take a penalty with his first touch. Mental

1 Like

City will get well beat in Europe by a proper team again

You’re getting ahead yourself a bit there, they haven’t been drawn against Liverpool yet.

Fair enough comment but I think there is no really good side there now . I have a feeling Manchester United could do well .

Man City, mate.

They’re a very good side but Fernandinho as their only even slightly defensive midfielder will kill them again against the top teams

Whats an even slightly defensive midfielder?