Premier League 2018/19

I understand that you’ve probably destroyed your grubby laptop with your bodily fluids but I’m sure you can still work Google on it.

@GeoffreyBoycott seems to exclusively rely on TFK for soccer scores

Yet he is able to decorate his computer screen with bodily fluids, he probably types one handed too.

I was only thinking earlier that while you’d regularly have one team that’s been completely off the pace in the PL it’s rare enough you’d have two relegated this early? Or is it?

I would imagine so.

I think the real point is that the relegation strugglers this year have been further off the pace than ever before. I didn’t bother looking at Manchester City v Cardiff tonight, I mean what was the point.

It’s tough enough for the Bottom 3 anyway without the sort of blackguarding Cardiff got from the officials against Chelsea on Sunday.

It’s the earliest ever alright. Previously the earliest date was April 14th in 1995. Ipswich were confirmed as second team down. They lost 9-0 to Utd same season

Derby were relegated in March in the 07/08 season

Stoke City finished with 17 points in the 42 game 1984/85 season, 33 points away from safety.

They obviously hadn’t discovered Tony Pulis by that stage.

Fulham have been very disappointing. With the squad they have they should have made a better fist of it. At least Huddersfield are actually loaded with shit players

Too comfortable at the Cottage. Nice part of London, good money, load of imports brought in together. Never looked like any kind of team this season.

1 Like

Possibly true. Didn’t seem to give a fuck about defending. Must have the lowest work-rate/distance covered of all teams this season.

If it wasn’t for Mitrovic they’d have been goosed altogether

Mitrovic had a decent start but hasn’t scored in 8 games and only scored in 2 of his last 21 games

I’d still rate him very highly. He could play for a much better team.

He also has that “I’ve seen things you can’t imagine” look in his eyes that’s common amongst Serbian players

2 Likes

A haunted man.

If Cardiff can beat them on Saturday week then it’s all to play for given Burnley’s run in which also includes Everton away and Arsenal

Conversely, if Burnley beat Cardiff, Burnley are safe and Cardiff are fucked.

I expect Burnley to win.

I said two teams - second team relegation in Derby’s season wasn’t confirmed till end of April

Very true, a potential season defining game for Cardiff