Premier League 2018/19

United can’t afford to lose any game if they want 4th. Ole would be a fucking clown of the highest order if he throws any match.

1 Like

Liverpool’s best hope on City dropping points is in the Derby .

I believe Sean Dyche’s men may get a result

in the last 7 derbies at Old Trafford, City have won 5, drawn 1.

united are due a win, never underestimate a downtrodden rival.

I don’t think Pep does underestimation.

Porto are just one European Cup shy of the combined number of Man Utd, Spurs and Man City.

1 Like

United not trying a leg in the Derby, or being overrun, would start to loosen the ground under oles feet. I 100% guarantee that utd would love to knock city of their perch, and when they are right there in front of you, they are real rather than abstract (Liverpool)
My prediction is that both Liverpool and City will drop points before the end of the season, and City will wrap it up fairly handily.

United have won so many european cups that you can take away all the EC’s spurs and City have won and they still have more than European Royalty Porto.

No team is winning this handy. I’d guess that both teams will drop two points (a draw) each before the season ends and City will do it by a point.

A lot of focus on the big games City have coming up, but Liverpool have only dropped points once all season against a team outside top 10 (away to West Ham, who currently sit 11th). They’ve to play 18th (A), 20th (H), 15th (A), 8th (H)

City, on the other hand, have lost to bottom half teams like Newcastle and Palace, while sweeping aside most of the top teams, with the exception of an early season defeat to Chelsea I think and a draw at Anfield. If they drop points, it won’t be against Spurs or United

City will walk this

3 Likes

:grin:

1 Like

They will in their bollox. If they win by more than 3 points, I will resign from the forum and also retire the @anon61878697 account

3 Likes

The only thing that can catch city is the amount of games they’ve left for their quadruple

potentially, they’ve got two more than Liverpool. One in the league and the cup final.

If Liverpool qualify and City don’t it’ll be the same amount

It is fait accompli

In all seriousness, I reckon garah is ball hopping City here rather the scousers.
Id say he’s in some state though, trying to pick which of them he hates less.

1 Like

he was asked about this in 2014 when City and Liverpool were going at it.

gary said it’s like asking who’d you’d rather sleep with your wife, your brother or your best friend.

I think Liverpool will win the lot from here. Huddersfield is a gimme. I don’t see us dropping points against Wolves at home in the final game. I think we’ll have enough for Cardiff. Newcastle away looks hardest, but they’ll likely be safe by then and mentally on a tour of the art galleries and cathedrals of Europe.

The more Arsenal win, the more Manchester United have no room for error if they want to get fourth. Everton away is a losable game for them.

If you take each game on an individual basis, Manchester City would be expected to win all of them. But the cumulative mental and physical toll of continuous pressure games can be significant.

Back in 2012, Guardiola’s Barcelona lost the league and European Cup in the space of three days. The Tottenham games will tell a lot. If they drop points against Tottenham, I’d expect they’ll drop points at Old Trafford as well.

The next three weeks is when the benefit of Liverpool’s early exit from both domestic cups and mini-training camps in the sun in January and February should become apparent.

1 Like

His mate Giggsy knows the answer to that anyway

5 Likes

What is the consensus on the impact of Spurs knocking City out of Europe tomorrow night on their league game on Saturday. I would expect City will lower the blade once the Spurs score tomorrow