Premier League 2018/19

The main benefit of finishing fourth is that it sort of makes it easier to rebuild, given that a club can offer Champions League football to a player if they finish fourth, whereas they can’t if they finish fifth. :grin:

Hope that helps.

United to finish fifth, play FC Mordor in the Europa League and have their manager topping up a nearby parking meter. Then they’ll be flying it

How did that benefit arsenal for the last 15 years or so? They have their best team for a decade and didn’t finish in the top four last season. It’s delusional Liverpool fans that are obsessed with fourth place.

That was more about Wenger and building the Emirates though. It was a business decision rather than sporting ambition.

No one here gives two fucks where utd finish. The only reason 4th was mentioned was in relation to utd needing to beat City as to get champions league… All your tantrum throwing doesn’t negate the fact that utd are desperate to finish top 4.

Well id rather finish 5th and see city win the league than finish 4th and see Liverpool win the league. I see absolutely no reason to be desperate to finish 4th. I don’t want man United turning into liverpool/Arsenal where finishing 4th is a good season. A massive clear out needs to happen this summer and Europa league gives OGS a good chance to blood the younger members of the squad.

1 Like

Man Utd have already reached that stage - finishing 4th is a good season. Sorry to break it to you

3 Likes

A massive clearout is the last thing that is needed. You need to build your squad incrementally.

I don’t really agree.

I think the squad is a far too fat numbers wise. I’d let go 8 or 9 players and replace them with quality younger players with an upside and look to promote within.

Fire up uniteds finishing positions since they last won a league title.

They are below that… Fans are willing to accept 5th and are more concerned with being recognized as great fans and respecting car parking spots.

The worst thing they could do is clear out the squad. They are stable at the minute and a couple of good buys and they will be back battling for 3rd.

5 Likes

7th /4th /5th /6th /2nd. Fans would consider their 2nd place maybe their worst season as the footie was not “the United way”

1 Like

I’d rather not be stable. Arsenal have been the most stable club for 10 years or so alongside Liverpool. Both have won nothing. Chelsea have been a complete basket case during that time and have won 2 leagues at least and a champions league.

The last draw in the Premier League was a month or 33 games ago, and even that was due to a last minute equaliser by Matt Ritchie against Bournemouth

They would in their hole. The United fans only cared about the United way when they started losing. They’re playing terribly at the moment too

Jose nearly saved that Club, and then they turned on him.

1 Like

Exactly it’s all about winning at all the big clubs. Nobody really cares about the style. If Jose won the league with 38 1 nil wins no man united fan would care.

They’ve replaced Jose with a lad that was happy to sit on his arse for all of his playing career and win medals that others earned for him. Cap doffing really does get you places.

Ah yeah - it’s very easy… get rid of half the squad and bring in a load of young players that after 1 year will be ripping it up and challenging for the league … anyone can do it it’s that easy.