Premier League 2018/19

Brendan Rodgers will help the red-men to the title he so nearly delivered to Liverpool Football Club

Liverpool’s away form has been sensational this season … Liverpool + City have scored and conceded the same amount of goals away from home but Liverpool have turned them into a couple of more wins.

Newcastle’s form since November has been sensational. Rafa has worked miracles there.

2 Likes

Rafa should get manager of the year for the job he has done at Newcastle. It’s a basket case if a club at board level.

4 Likes

The wages of Alexis Sanchez cannot be morally justified. Every week for sitting on the bench he gets paid the cost of keeping a rural 6-teacher primary school open for a year. (Possibly more). Then when he plays he doesn’t even try.

Many years ago there was a famous US economist (@anon7035031 will know his name) who used to justify wage inequality by pointing to Wilt Chamberlain and saying he deserved his huge pay through his hard work, his contribution to the team, the primacy of the free market etc. The Premier League wages are the last thing you’did use to defend capitalism now.

In fact, I can’t believe Alexis Sanchez doesn’t give 75%+ of his wages to Manchester charities, what a cunt.

City have two less away games played

If they win their last three away games and Liverpool win their one away, as the form guide suggests, both would have identical points from their away fixtures. City’s home form would see them win by a point

Fixed. Did someone here say that lad had some sort of a mental breakdown?

I didnt look at game played … Still tho, that’s fantastic from Liverpool… and not beaten at home in 2 years.

There’s no more you can ask from them really — a little blip in January aside, they have been ruthless. I still maintain a fit Ox could have made a big difference - Jurgen’s teams are made for a hard running midfielder getting up to support the attackers… Gordon Henderson has become that in recent weeks but it was badly needed mid-season.

Fekir would have been the icing on the cake if we had got him in the summer …

Performance wise Liverpool were iffy for a lot of the season but points wise I don’t think any player could have improved where they are. Liverpool have had more than their fair share of luck.

Every team get their share of luck. For instance, Man City had a blatant peno not given against them on Saturday —

Spurs rarely get penalties awarded to them. Just 4 this season in the EPL. Man U leading the way there with 12 awarded.

1 Like

I’m just talking about Liverpool’s points and whether any player could have improved their total. When I say luck I mean the Everton and Spurs goalies fucking up in injury time to gift Liverpool a winner. That Cardiff lad missing an open goal. Luck rather than poor officiating.

Teams that are on the front foot always “seem” to get all the luck.

Liverpool are relentless under Klopp, the cunts. Worthy adversaries for Pep and the greatest team the premier league has ever seen

Amen

They tire teams out and pounce in the second half but those goals were not down to tiredness as they were basic goalie errors. Anyway we’re straying off point. No player could possibly have improved Liverpool’s points total. Goal difference? Probably.

You’ve to be on the attack to force errors. In previous years Liverpool would have been the ones conceding those goalkeeping errors.

Allison and Van Dijk have made huge differences.

I disagree, if ye were stuck with Karius or Mignolet, Liverpool would be ten points worse off and the league would be over

1 Like

There was the injury time penalty that Spurs weren’t awarded at the Empire Stadium against Liverpool back in September for a foul on Son with the score at 1-2.

Even themselves out over time. Did Spurs get more pens than Liverpool at Anfield last season?

That was payback for the one Lamela got at Anfield last season.