Premier League 2021-2022 (the Footix thread)

1 (one) Covid case in the squad and they’ve got the game cancelled.

I didn’t realise things were so bad at Woolwich. Imagine been so scared of facing this current rabble of a Spurs side, that you go to the EPL with cap in hand to get a postponement under false pretences.

They’d have 5 in a row won at their ease if it wasn’t for the extraordinary run of form Liverpool went on between 2018 and 2020. If they sign Haaland in the summer then it’s very hard to see them being stopped in the near future.

I doubt Pep wants Haaland

I haven’t followed it much lately, is there any chance that Newcastle will pose a thread in a few years, they’ve got a mega bucks owner right?

I think financial fair play is more stringent these days and might restrict their spending a bit more than in the early days at City. City were trying to sign Kaka in January 2009 whereas Newcastle are recruiting the likes of a Chris Wood.

Lads are writing off Burnley too early. Sean Dyche won’t have them too far away from safety, even with the loss of Wood.

No better man than the Ginger Guardiola to find a way out of this.

1 Like

Revenues up 20% during Covid and their main sponsors are an airline. :smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

Adam Idah with a goal against Everton!

1 Like

Rafa surely gone now

If I ever get to anfield before klopp goes, I’m going to bring a sign saying “Jurgen, can I please have your glasses”

It baffles me how professional players can’t do something as simple as take a corner properly. Fernandes with 2 brutal efforts in a row there

Liverpool had a rake of absolutely shite corners the other night.

There’s talk now that the Premier League may backtrack and deem the game forfeited by Arsenal, thereby awarding the points to Tottenham.

Woolwich reportedly have 1 Covid case in their squad, the same number as Spurs currently.

Woolwich yield a lot of influence in the corridors of power. Very few clubs would get away with pulling a stunt like that.

1 Like

Nice pay off for Rafa. He should throw his hat at it now

Good thing they got rid of one of their best players based on him falling out with Rafa a few days ago

3 Likes

Where did you hear there was a falling out between Digne and Rafa?

1 Like