Premier League 2021-2022 (the Footix thread)

What has happened and some things that was said about me in the last month has made me very sad.
But I will not enter a war on words with anyone.
Sometimes it only takes one person from outside to destroy a beautiful love affair.
All the best to Everton and Evertonians

Oh there

That was some strike from James Ward Prowse yesterday

Dry your eyes mate

You can’t keep up with that kind of financial doping.

1 Like

Is he good enough for a bigger team to carry him

They’ll be busy in May.

Spurs have five (5) games in hand on Chelsea :grinning:

Spurs will be 4 points clear of Chelsea if we win our 5 games in hand. Actually we’re at Stamford Bridge again in the league on Sunday, so could be looking at a 7 point cushion.

Potter mugged off that hipster Tuchel again tonight.

Looks like it’s down to Coach Klopp again to make the EPL competitive

Reminds me a bit of the 1985/86 season when around February/March Chelsea had about six matches in hand on front runners Everton, Manchester United and Liverpool, which if they won them all, would have had them well out in front at the top of the league.

They didn’t win them all. Or possibly any of them.

I’ve a feeling Tottenham had a similar amount birds in the bush the following season when they got bogged down in the cups.

Chelsea buying a ridiculous amount of forwards seems to have strangely upset the balance of the team

Big Rom looks to be a disaster.

2nd to becks from the dead ball I think

West Ham’s best side in my lifetime very good that year

1 Like

Good fare second half, Brighton well worth the draw or as Joe Cole put it- Brighton always was a fret.

2 Likes

Chilwell and James being out is what is killing them I’d say

1981/82. We had 6 games in hand on Liverpool by March 1982 which would have put us 3 or 4 points clear. We were champions elect.

Most of January and February 1982 was snowed off. Spurs got to both FA Cup and Milk Cup final and the semi final of Cup Winners Cup as well.

From 1 May 1982 to 17 May 1982, we played 8 league games in 17 days.

And to think all these hipster continental managers want winter breaks and Boxing Day football cancelled because modern day players on pitches manicured like snooker tables seemingly play too much.

1 Like

All those games in a row is what made Spurs great champions that year.