Premier League 2021-2022 (the Footix thread)

Delighted for Leeds.

1 Like

Agreed.

I’d say Leeds. Racist clubs would be his hunting groynd

38 games and 9 months to end up with Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal and Spurs in the top 6 and Norwich, Watford and Burnley relegated.

Is there a more predictable league in world football ?

4 Likes

SPL, Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga are even more predictable. Although bar Liverpool pushing City to the wire then the premier league has been quite predictable of late.

The League of Scotland. Glasgow Celtic and Glasgow Rangers have won the last 38 league titles between them.

Man city just keep winning the Epl, yawn, no challengers

I wouldn’t have predicted any of Union Berlin, Freiburg, Ross County or Strasbourg to be in their top 6 to be honest

3 Likes

Manchester City playing a Liverpool song in celebration.

The Munich song ?

Probably a nod to the side across town

1 Like

Ooooffftttt

Ross County 6th in a 12 team league on 41 points from 38 games is a real shocker alright. Aberdeen around 1985 the last time a non old-firm winner of the SPL?

New Rangers won it last year after only being founded in 2012. A miraculous achievement, albeit Celtic had a meltdown season.

1 Like

Liverpool remind me of the Houllier team. Decent cup side but fall short in the bread and butter

3 Likes

A good montage, not a great montage on Sky Sports. cc @Cheasty

It’s never going to be a great montage when it’s celebrating a petro-state.

I know Second Captains are deeply unpopular here given many of the forum think they should be in the position of raking in loadsamoney for talking about sport every morning but their audio montage of Liverpool’s 2020 title to the sound of “Looking Glass” by The Las was incredibly moving.

I’d recommend Sportsnight’s “Red Rain” (by Peter Gabriel) montage of Manchester United winning the league in 1993, for those who are into that sort of thing.

2 Likes

City like Celtic are good at beating the shit teams

I remember that united one. Was it not 94? Based around ince running through the pissing rain after getting an equaliser against Blackburn. Back when it actually meant something to me. The only time I was off my seat watching an English team as an adult were the two champions league wins for united and today when gundogan scored :smile:. Serious drama though in fairness.

Individually city aren’t great.

Stones, rodri, Mahrez, Jesus etc are hardly elite.

How many of that city team would compare to say peps Barcelona side?

Yes, no real marquee players but have dominated english football for 5 years