Premier League 2021-2022 (the Footix thread)

Yep and the few characters you need when your back is to the wall have moved on as well.

1 Like

That was their starting team. One world class player who’d start for every team on the planet in de bruyne.

I thought you rated Foden as a world superstar there before whatever tournament the lost recently.

He hasn’t kicked on but he has that potential tbf. Lucky to win young player of the year.

Manchester United footix thinking the game is about superstars and not teamwork, systems, character etc. Smh

3 Likes

Man utd have won as many PLs in the last 10 years as the murderers mate

Their coping mechanisms will get more and more bizarre this week.

My point is City aren’t really a team of superstars you’d expect for the money spent.

They’ve built a deep squad which wins you leagues. Don’t change the style of play regardless of who features. It will be interesting how Haaland fits in.

1 Like

Liverpool seemed to have turned cowardly in the bigger games which is reflected in their six points from eighteen against the other top four sides. These games will invariably win you the league. A league within in the league.

I just think people who crown this city team as “great” are wrong. They are very good but on paper their team isn’t that good.

It’ll be interesting but haland seems like the type who’ll challenge pep and not really fit into his system which he never changes.

A little like zatlan with Barcelona.

I dont think the match going liverpool fans would disagree with you

1 Like

Anyone see Paddy Murphy crying on Anfield Agenda on youtube? Hillarious.

Diaz, salah, mane, firmino and jota are probably better and as expensively purchased as cities front five forwards.

1 Like

Liverpool were outplayed in both games against City but secured two draws, blew a two goal lead v Chelsea with a Covid depleted line up, drew with Chelsea at home after they parked the bus, drew 2-2 with Spurs with a Covid depleted side and played average at home v Spurs. Fine margins. City got 8 points from the Top 4. Couldn’t bear Spurs or Liverpool.

Salah and Mane were acquired for the price of a Nicolas Pepe with spare change leftover.

City got 8 and Liverpool got 6. Think Liverpool lost out by 1.

As I said Liverpool are cowardly in the bigger games and are afraid to lose but it’s costing them.

In the early days under Klopp they were battering bigger teams.

The poor fella took a bit of abuse here over his mass (kg) when introduced to the forum. He has a huge TikTok following these days.

Cowardly 2-2 draws in end to end games . :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Your recollection about it being based around Ince in the rain is correct but it was defo '93 and I will resign* from the forum if I am proven wrong about this.

*not