Premier League 2021-2022 (the Footix thread)

Ah it was hillarious. Broke down in tears.

Who?

Live on Anfield Agenda was it? I saw a Mayo based Liverpool fan with tears in his eyes do a post match summary alright. This Means More.

The wrap after they do. Very funny.

Rory Stories stunt double.

Just watched that Anfield Agenda. What a laugh. Bunch of weirdos.

Off their game.

What will be the coping mechanism around this time next year as we move past the 10th anniversary of the last Man U league win in 2013?

There’s a sort of dignity to being extremely bitter about your city rivals’ success. See Everton.

Manchester United have none of that.

I believe the appropriate term is cuckold.

1 Like

A tough day for success starved Man U fans enduring their longest trophy drought since the late 70’s/early 80’s as their big crosstown Manc rivals finish ahead of them for a 9th consecutive season and clinch a 6th league title in a decade.

I think the way they see it is they’ve won five Premier League titles since Ferguson left.

Still no European Cup however.

1 Like

They won the 2018 final I think.

It’s the gap I’d say is the isuue. United aren’t within an asses roar of the top 4 never mind Citeh.

Migs observed after Manchester City lost to Real Madrid how Guardiola’s teams have a tendency to concede multiple goals in short time spans.

I guess today was the flip side of that.

To me it’s a demonstration of how Guardiola’s attempt to completely rationalise football is unachievable.

The grand paradox of Guardiola is his style, the most extreme systems based style, is the one most prone to emotion.

His teams either have blind faith and optimism about the system or blind fatalism.

It’s totally ideological.

What they do not have is an ability to think things through on their own two feet and muddle through in a realpolitik fashion, and that’s why they keep losing in the Champions League.

It’s almost cult like, when you think about it.

1 Like

They seem to think to downplay city’s players will make their club seem better. But united are a laughing stock. Both of their greatest rivals think they are pathetic.

It’s glorious

If it wasn’t for Liverpool it would be the most boring league in the world with City out of sight every year by January.

2 Likes

Sure you saw it last year. City struggled away, barely broke 80 points, and they’d the league wrapped up well out, because Liverpool were playing Kabak and Gordon Henderson as their two CBs, until the Nat n Rhys show…None of the other ‘cowards’ in the league could lay a glove on city

1 Like

Is being happy with second a footix thing or do the match going Liverpool fans feel the same

1 Like

Where would man yoo be now in your previous car comparisons. A souped up Ford XR2 maybe? Kind of clapped out but quaintly interesting