Premier League 2021-2022 (the Footix thread)

Newcastle suits him though. Where else would a player like him work?

He is a show pony

Newcastle always loved a show pony.

Mike Dean getting stuck in

Phillips is over rated

He is playing in his comfort zone. There is way more to him.

He is a complete showman but heā€™s also a one man team

I know what you mean but Iā€™ve yet to see it consistentlyā€¦ If he wasnā€™t English I donā€™t think there would be as much said about him

Brentford and Ivan Toney running riot against Wolves. Thankfully I decided to persist with him for another week on FPL. Now I need a Raul Jimenez inspired comeback from Wolves.

I was very close to getting rid of him too. Thankfully I didnā€™t. Heā€™ll hit double digit returns this weekend :smiley:

1 Like

Heā€™s had the ball in the net 3 times already. But only one stood.

@Halfpipe

Iā€™m watching it in the background here. That takes his tally to the season to 2 from 5 games, this one a penalty - think he has 2 from play in his last 20 games or something like that. If you saw the defending for the goal he set up you will understand why Eduardo already has 2 from 10 minutes in the Premier league, it was atrocious. Hopefully Ajeti keeps showing up well now that he is no longer being managed by a dinosaur.

Heā€™s playing from a bottom half team. He also assisted one today. He top scores in League One and Championship the previous two seasons.

Itā€™s ok for you to hold up your hands and admit you got it wrong.

Heā€™d have been some player for Celtic in the SPL. Surely would have got about ā‚¬20 million for him.

1 Like

Peter Lawwell holding Celtic back for decades.

Not sure what Iā€™m supposed to have been wrong about. 2 goals that werenā€™t penalties in 20 games or whatever it is, you are sounding like lads who tried to claim Kane was the best striker at the 2018 World Cup. Who do you think will finish with more goals that arenā€™t from penalties this season, Toney or Edouard? The reason I discount penalties is because Celtic signing a player who hits a good penalty would be like Celtic signing someone who plays well in extreme heat.

You were saying he wasnā€™t up to this level.

He ended up last season as top scorer in the Championship and is playing great stuff now at a higher level again.

Itā€™s ok for you to put your hands up and admit Toney is a good player and will do well in the EPL.

I think Toney will finish with more goals from play this seasons, injury permitting.

Himself and Teemu Pukki were the top 2 scorers in the championship last season - you seem to hold the English league in very high esteem. Toney didnā€™t get on the score sheet last week when up against a defence led by Shane Duffy, a lad completely out of his depth last season in the SPL. Meanwhile Ajeti has 3 in 2 games, including 1 against Betis who are a better side than Toney has ever scored against.