Premier League 2021-2022 (the Footix thread)

VAR saves City from a red card and penalty, wrongfully according to the soccer Saturday lads.

Ok you’re going to keep on digging a hole for yourself.

Fair enough.

Failed Celtic striker Teemu Pukki has just moved level with Toney in the scoring charts though both Pukkis have come from play. That should put it all in context for you.

Pogba making a song and dance about having his toe stood on… Two fucking minutes gowling on the ground. Modern footballers would sicken your shit.

There no Jimmy Greaves around anymore, that’s for sure. Hard as nails Greavsie was too. He had lumps kicked out of him and just got on with it.

They wouldn’t survive in cals field

1 Like

West ham take the lead. Deflection off Varane…even enough game.

Ronaldo levels

Ronaldo makes it 1-1

His hand is off side

Viva Ronaldo

He is onside

1 Like

His fingers were off. Outrageous.

“Except the hands and arms”

Looked like his hand was well offside. Remember Mane had one chalked off against Everton last season for his fingernail being offside.

1 Like

I’m only joking mate calm down… the calls last season were some of the dumbest calls you’ll ever see. Goals ruled out because someone’s big toe was ‘offside’

Salah’s toe nail

I started watching this about 24 minutes in. Up to the goal West Ham had nearly all the possession in that time and Manchester United were usually camped in their own box. The United team looks very disjointed. Now they have the quality to turn around and may well do, and as I write they have scored an equaliser through Ronaldo, but over the course of a season it’s hard to see how they don’t get pulled apart tactically a lot.

In the battle between systems and individuals, systems will nearly always win. If you have a gifted individual who doesn’t work, a Messi or Ronaldo, you’d want to make damn sure you have a team and a system which does the work to compensate. And I don’t think Manchester United, or PSG for that matter, have that at all.

1 Like

The big toe is not part of your arm.

It is if you’re from Tipperary

8 Likes