Premier League 2022/23

Net spend league?
Fair play league?
Best second place team ever league?

Need clarity on this.

1 Like

The Premier League 2022/23, as per thread title.

:+1:

1.Man city
2.Spurs
3.Chelsea
4.Man Utd
5.Liverpool

Get that 15/1 accum on Juhn

1 Like
  1. Man City
  2. Liverpool
  3. Spurs
  4. Chelsea
  5. Arsenal
  6. Man Utd
  7. Leicester

Relegation:
18. Brentford to suffer second season syndrome (tough one and I do feel Southampton look weak but I think Ralph is a good coach)
19. Fulham
20. Bournemouth

A real whos who there.

Liverpool will be 17 points ahead at the top of the league in early March. The season will then suddenly be abandoned due to nuclear war.

There must be a fair chance city implode ? They’ve sold to me eye a couple of good players. I was never sold on grealish particularly in peps formation.

Surely to god Haaland could get fed up of his shite fair quickly ? He strikes me as the type who’ll challenge pep as well unlike all those other players they’ve accumulated.

I think the German league is a bit of a farce. I tried to watch it during lock down but it was crap. Nobody bit of guts or determination about any side. Everyone players the same formation with a high line etc. it’ll be interesting to see how Haaland goes when he’s faced with 10 men camped inside their own box.

I’m amazed Liverpool haven’t tried to sign de jong. It looks a no brainer to me as there mid field is average and very old now. I do think this split season could suit them maybe. It might give them a chance to recharge in the middle and that’ll help their relentless headless running style but they are a momentum side so you could argue it either way.

I expect spurs to be very good. They’ve signed well and conte is a born winner. They can go close Imo.

Chelsea could go either way. Tuchel seems to be close to a mental breakdown. I wouldn’t be shocked if they challenge or blow out.

I think man United and arsenal will be much better than last season. Hard to see arsenal cracking the top 4 all the same.

I have been very surprised to see the relatively easy time of it Arteta has gotten considering their capitulation towards the end of last season and falling out of the Top 4.

He has been backed in the transfer market as well.

Yes I’m going to say it was easier to get in the top four last season than it will be this season. I’d be luke warm on some their signings too. They are very arsenal types they’ve signed. I’m not sure they are the type of player they need.

This EPL split season won’t work.

3 Likes

Will they not manage to finish all the games?

I think you’re mental. City bought what they needed. A whopper centre forward and a centre midfielder. Philips might prove not to be good enough but its still what they needed. Haaland challenge Pep? Madness. He’s a beast who cares about his goal record and will score 30+ league goals and get to at least the champio s league semi.
I do agree I’m surprised liverpool didn’t strengthen midfield.

They are giving December up to the darts

3 Likes

They’ve bought one of the best midfielders in the EPL in Phillips and they won’t even play him. An embarrassment of riches

Thought they would have too tbh. He seems to have faith in some of the young lads, and I think Nunez might allow for a few formation tweaks occasionally. Carvalho looks an immense talent but still unproven, and could be seen more in midfield (or as a ‘10’) than a winger. They seem to be all in for Bellingham next summer, which seems a long way away now. Henderson is finishing less and less games as the mileage starts to take its toll. Midfield has always been more workmanlike under Klopp.

2 Likes

City will do just fine. I’ve a feeling this is the season they might do it in Europe