Premier League 2022/23

Spurs to win the league.

Spurs could go very close.

I expect them to hit the ground running and be top or very close by the time the break comes.

How they handle a run in could be a problem. As The Boss said, ‘Look lads, its Tottenham’.

I dunno. Everything fell very nicely for them last year. They’ve made some great tier 2 signings but its still a huge jump.

1 Like

Quick scan through their fixtures suggests it could be the opposite. They have Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal away all before the end of October. A lot of green fixtures in the second half of the season. I like the look of their front 3. Richarlison for €60 million has been garnering a lot of attention because of the price but Everton paid €50 million for him 4 years ago so it’s not much of a profit for the toffees.

1. Liverpool

Probably mathematically impossible points predictions

1 Liverpool 93 points
2 Tottenham 86
3 Manchester City 85
4 Manchester United 77
5 Arsenal 74
6 West Ham 66
7 Chelsea 64
8 Crystal Palace 60
9 Saudi Arabia 57
10 Aston Villa 56
11 Brighton 53
12 Wolves 49
13 Leeds 42
14 Fulham 42
15 Leicester 39
16 Brentford 36
17 Nottingham Forest 35
18 Everton 34
19 Southampton 31
20 Bournemouth 19

3 Likes

Klopp touchline/post match meltdowns - 7

2 Likes

Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser

Ten Hag seems to be prickly when interviewed. Should be a bit of craic over the season.

We’ll see but I don’t think pep will change his ways to fit him in and I can’t see Haaland turning into a one touch forward like he’ll need to. I just thing it’s a square peg in a round hole scenario.

I could be all wrong but I’ve a hunch it won’t click.

Id have reservations also. No doubting Haaland but Pep over complicates the game and has a knack of grinding players down.

Pep is a fraud.

Disagree. He may be an egomaniac drug cheat but he’s stilla savage manager.

On the really big nights in Europe he more often than not makes a balls of it.

I just think he weeds out any player who’s going to question him and he believes in playing in one way and one way only.

That’s his constant undoing and he seems unwilling to try anything else which I guess is admirable in a way.

Invariably in any team sport defence beats attack.

Like in twenty years time when people look back at this city team who’ll go down as the true great? KDB and one or two others.

They are sort of robotic and characterless in many ways.

It’ll be interesting to see how he fairs with Haaland.

The jerseys are anemic looking too which doesnt help

I don’t think people have much respect for the manner in which they’ve earned the success either. This City team would beat the Man United teams of the mid 90’s but as a Liverpool fan I’d have a lot more grudging respect for the team Fergie built than Peps side.

That’s a tad optimistic

1 Like

Apart from the times he’s won it of course.

And you’d know of no manager who consistently made a balls of it more often than not eh mate.