Premier League 2022/23

I never rated cancelo defensively. They looked better balanced with oleks

Antony is probably one of the worst signings a professional sports franchise has made since the late 70s

4 Likes

That transfer stinks. I fear the glazers have been taken for a ride.

United have had some absolute corkers of bad big money signings. The lads they’ve spent fuck all on have worked out handy enough.

It would remind you of the time Houllier signed Diouf and Diao on a friends recommendation in 2002, except in this case ETH actually worked with Antnee before. It would make you question his player judgement a bit.

It’s odd. You look at the arsenal teams of the last decade or two on paper and compare to this one and it’s difficult to pinpoint the huge difference. Then and now, they can all play great football but somehow these guys aren’t as fragile.

Everyone for guts of 2 decades said they needed a dog in midfield, uncompromising centre halves and more steely strength overall. Seemed blantaly obvious. Soft cunts, they can be got at. Did they get what seemed needed and put in this tea.?

They’ve still no real.out and out dog in midfield. Xhaka fine footballer and unafraid but hardly intimidating or physically bossing it. You’d take casemiro for example over him in an instant for that role.

Xhakas still in front of CH’s that are equally more like last decade CH’s they’ve had than the centre halves the decade previous. More Koscelnys than Campbells.

They’ve also given armband to a kid, not one you’d have thought they were crying out for nor obvoius leader of men.

Collectively tonight, you never thought they’d collapse like previous generation. Could end up losing but not abject fall apart collapse they’d in them before.

So, it’s peculiar. What is the difference? How come these cunts aren’t wilting? They’re ultimately not much different to past decade or so fragile teams skillwise, not employed what most thought obvious but somehow they really are different

Wenger must be creaming himself watching this crop.

1 Like

Partey makes a huge difference. He’s been there for a few years but he adds the bite in the middle. He got injured at the end of last season and they lost half their remaining games, fucking away a great position.

Last season, he played 24 games. Record with him- W16 D2 L6 (2.08ppg). Record without him- W6 D1 L7 (1.36 ppg).

If he gets injured this season, I think they’re still in bother.

That’s not the only factor, you also have the continued maturing of Martinelli/Odegaard/Saka, who are all in brilliant form, given licence to go and play. Jesus was a big loss (and him being there was a big factor in their early-season form too) but Nketiah is scoring goals.

These are lovely footballers. But they’ve had lovely footballers as good.or better than them and absolutely fell apart.

The culture change is obvious and dramatic between these guys and similar previous.

They’ve won fuck all yet but find what’s being created fascinating.

If Casemiro was in today and partey was out it would have been a different game

If cassimero had discipline and Partey didn’t you mean

1 Like

Have they had players as good as those all together at the same time?

I think Saka is the best attacking player Arsenal have had since Fabregas, and they still had some very average players regularly starting when Fabregas was playing (Diaby, Denilson, Bendtner, etc).

Casemeiro cost united that came today

10+ years ago, that honky second united goal goes in and you’d think it’s Jenga time- arsenal will fall apart. United would.smell.blood, arsenal fall into their shell, home crowd go from nervous to self-destructive

Not an whiff.of that happening today

Hleb, Fabregas, van persie. All.exceptional individual attacking players together. And fell apart.

Saka nowhere near as decorated yet but as.you say, he’s flourishing into player of that calibre.

Signing ozil fucked Arsenal proper

Partey sounds like a nasty piece of work.

City will win the league.

2 Likes

I agree. The mad thing is people dont even seem all that surprised that they’re winning? They’d surely be the biggest shock winners of the premier League in the last 25 years bar Leicester. I don’t think any of their players have actually ever won anything bar the two city cast offs. What price were they before the start of the season?

1 Like

Tierney
Partey
Odegard

1 Like

What did the second two win?