Premier League 2023/2024, why do irish people follow this farmers league

The Premier League are going to have to rethink their schedule if they are to hold onto the lucrative Paddy Footix market - clearly it simply can’t compete with the new split season format the GAA has introduced cos lads glued to the soccer all year don’t even bother now tuning in to see the title deciders.

4 Likes

@Arthur probably best summed it up there. Paddy Footix finds Citeh and Pep strangely passionless and boring. Do you follow an EPL team yourself?

https://twitter.com/city_xtra/status/1792356935125111009?s=46

That’s what it comes down to in the end. A little mini league between the top sides and in the final few months both Arsenal and Liverpool played for a draw v city when they needed a win.

Excuse Me What GIF

6 Likes

Liverpool camped into their own half towards the end of the game, yeah? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::thinking:

2 Likes

I think even with all the riches etc. and the 115 charges and so on, he truly is the GOAT of premier league managers. 7 seasons here. 6 league titles. Remarkable.

You’re a bigger eejit.

What would put him ahead of Ferguson all bantz aside?

Would?

Mr Ferguson was a great manager but it took him 6 or 7 years to win a league. Yer man has done 6 in that time.

Ferguson’s record after that is very good in fairness to him.

Tis grand, but with a competitive advantage financially from the SKY money and probably in the worst period in Premier League history. But shur look it, Blackburns title still counts so I wouldnt do anything to diminish the ones he won. Got found out a lot in Europe.

I think it was a pity we didn’t get to see a proper Dalglish-Ferguson rivalry. Dalglish won 3 titles in his first 5 seasons in charge. 88/89 would have been won also if Hillsborough didn’t happen, but his great rival at the time was George Graham. Kenny might have stayed on at Liverpool instead of eventually winning another title at Blackburn.

1 Like

Fergusson was decent in Europe, not like Carlo but decent.

How did dagliesh do?

Didn’t lose a game in Europe

3 Likes

Have to asterisk those Milan European Cups where they didn’t have to face John Barnes.

Blackburn won the CL?

Thought the same but I think Dalgish went upstairs after winning the league and someone else took over, Ray someone.

Correct. He did, however, manage Newcastle in the Champions League. @theselfishgiant can let us know if he took charge of any Celtic games in Europe.

I was referring specifically to his tenure as Liverpool manager, but perhaps that was a misunderstanding

Wrighty is a lovely sort.

https://twitter.com/amylawrence71/status/1792460061597634698

1 Like

Ah Wrighty, don’t go*

*I haven’t seen MOTD in a decade I’d say

2 Likes