Premier League 2023/2024, why do irish people follow this farmers league

Germany are ahead of England now after Dortmund winning through. Arsenal have to beat Bayern and there has to be an English winner of two comps for this to change as per several sources this morning

Liverpool have cost utd CL football next year.

1 Like

And put them into Thursday night football :joy:

And the yids need Arsenal to beat their ex hero tonight also to have any chance themselves. The irony

Klopps parting gift is getting another utd manager sacked

@BruidheanChaorthainn has called it correctly all season. It is a very poor quality standard League at the moment. Borne out by no English representation in the semi finals of the European Cup.

1 Like

He also said the Bundesliga, with 2 Semi Finalists, is a farmerā€™s league :thinking:

14 Likes

I fell to chatting to a lad at a party a while back. I asked what he did, and he said he was a sportsman. I asked was it sale sharks, andhe said it wasnā€™t he was a footballer. He played for Burnley. It was a wednesday night during the season. I had 5 (five) pints with him. He was still there when I left. Dyche was bringing the squad to Chester races the next day for a few pints.
Heā€™s no Arsene Wenger.

The Bundi will have an extra CL spot too it looks like unless Liverpool can save Utd and win the EL out.

What would Liverpool winning the europa league do for man United ?

Itā€™s gas lads who watch the epl think itā€™s a high standard. City v Liverpool was awful standard of football and I missed it for some reason but arsenal and Man City was meant to be even worse in the last couple of weeks.

Spoofers like Arteta, Klopp and pep are very lucky to be around when thereā€™s no sir Alex Ferguson around.

Heā€™d have them broken by Christmas every season.

1 Like

Oh he was around alright

2 Likes

Alec Ferguson made hay when the league was a step above inter-pub standard. His record in Europe was atrocious.

Pep and Jose are far superior to Ferguson. Klopp had won the lot in 8 seasons. Won the league within 4 and only for coming up against the greatest manager of all time in Pep, would have won a bag moreā€¦ Utd would have had 500 beaches of ffp if it existed in the 90s/00s. All ex players have also come out and admitted Ferguson tapped em up .

6 Likes

Lookit, Iā€™m not here to pull a man down, but I simply wont allow untruths on this fabled forum.

Adjusted for inflation, i think Fergie spent 2.5 billion.

Wenger didnā€™t have quite the same spending power but he was probably a better manager also.

Wenger also had the decency to leave the building when he stepped down, and not demand a stand be named after him.

This is some meltdown :smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Paddy is very gullible.

Jose wound pep up so much when he was in charge of Real Madrid pep quit the Barcelona job.

Meanwhile you have this insufferable love in inbetween Arteta, pep and flopp.

And thatā€™s why they always underachieve when it comes to the crunch. They arenā€™t killers.

they wouldnā€™t last a year in the premier league when Fergie and Jose were about.