Premier League 2023/2024, why do irish people follow this farmers league

@Arthur probably best summed it up there. Paddy Footix finds Citeh and Pep strangely passionless and boring. Do you follow an EPL team yourself?

https://twitter.com/city_xtra/status/1792356935125111009?s=46

Thatā€™s what it comes down to in the end. A little mini league between the top sides and in the final few months both Arsenal and Liverpool played for a draw v city when they needed a win.

Excuse Me What GIF

6 Likes

Liverpool camped into their own half towards the end of the game, yeah? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::thinking:

2 Likes

I think even with all the riches etc. and the 115 charges and so on, he truly is the GOAT of premier league managers. 7 seasons here. 6 league titles. Remarkable.

Youā€™re a bigger eejit.

What would put him ahead of Ferguson all bantz aside?

Would?

Mr Ferguson was a great manager but it took him 6 or 7 years to win a league. Yer man has done 6 in that time.

Fergusonā€™s record after that is very good in fairness to him.

Tis grand, but with a competitive advantage financially from the SKY money and probably in the worst period in Premier League history. But shur look it, Blackburns title still counts so I wouldnt do anything to diminish the ones he won. Got found out a lot in Europe.

I think it was a pity we didnā€™t get to see a proper Dalglish-Ferguson rivalry. Dalglish won 3 titles in his first 5 seasons in charge. 88/89 would have been won also if Hillsborough didnā€™t happen, but his great rival at the time was George Graham. Kenny might have stayed on at Liverpool instead of eventually winning another title at Blackburn.

1 Like

Fergusson was decent in Europe, not like Carlo but decent.

How did dagliesh do?

Didnā€™t lose a game in Europe

3 Likes

Have to asterisk those Milan European Cups where they didnā€™t have to face John Barnes.

Blackburn won the CL?

Thought the same but I think Dalgish went upstairs after winning the league and someone else took over, Ray someone.

Correct. He did, however, manage Newcastle in the Champions League. @theselfishgiant can let us know if he took charge of any Celtic games in Europe.

I was referring specifically to his tenure as Liverpool manager, but perhaps that was a misunderstanding

Wrighty is a lovely sort.

https://twitter.com/amylawrence71/status/1792460061597634698

1 Like

Ah Wrighty, donā€™t go*

*I havenā€™t seen MOTD in a decade Iā€™d say

2 Likes

Youngsters not up to the age yet? Its a ritual here of a Sunday morning.