Premier League 2023/2024, why do irish people follow this farmers league

Ah ffs :joy::joy::joy:

Signing players off the back of a World Cup can be a risky business.

Salif Diao and El Hadj Diouf spring to mind.

1 Like

James Rodrigues

I actually think all of them are decent players but maybe not what City needed at the time.

Gvardiol is a centre-back, he is lost in one-on-ones out wide imo. And I know Guardiola has liked to do that for a while, but it can take a while to learn that role, heā€™s not the most mobile player.

Kovacic is a pure box-to-box player. Heā€™s really really good at carrying the ball through midfield. But City donā€™t really need that type of midfielder because most teams sit in against them. They need a technical midfielder like Gundogan (whose movement off-the-ball is absolutely world class) to really shine. Kovacic doesnā€™t play anything like Gundogan, and Iā€™m not sure they have another midfielder who does play like that.

And I think Nunes is talented too but maybe not Man City level yet. Heā€™s one that might improve with time though. Heā€™d be the best player for most clubs outside the top few.

The biggest issue for city is hunger. Similarly to man united in 99 they had to rip up the team to really reach the top again.

Thatā€™s right. I was there that day. Second half was delayed. The poor man lost a leg in that incident. Collymore came on in the second half and done untold damage. Dublin got the winner. We fell away away soon after.

Gvardiol canā€™t defend. He canā€™t see danger, commits to early and he canā€™t play out from the back. Kovacic needs too many touches. He has to have at least 3. Nunez isnā€™t related to a midfielder

Pretty sure Liverpool had signed El Hadj Diouf before the World Cup. He hadnā€™t officially announced but it was rumoured he had and then confirmed early on in the World Cup.

I remember watching him destroy France and thinking wow Liverpool have a serious yoke here. Turned out the French were not the force of old and the legs were gone at the back in particular.

Then he scored 2 on his debut.

Then he did nothing but spit at people for the rest of his time there.

He could be a serious baller when he wanted to be. But he rarely wanted to be and he was an awful cunt.

1 Like

Just the 92% possession for Spurs here

Trippier has had some nightmare here

Weā€™ve created all the chances. Ange ball my arse

1 Like

Goal for the Hammers. Madness.

Rebound could not have fallen any more perfectly. This is so Spursy

Are Spuds a crisis club again?

Never change spurs, never change

Blow it up ta fuck!!!

:hammer_and_pick:

1 Like