Presidential Election 2018

It seems the majority of the contenders aren’t aware of the constitutional limits of the Presidency .

3 Likes

Unlike one to stand on?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/presidential-election-2018/was-that-a-smart-comment-dont-you-silence-me-two-presidential-hopefuls-kicked-out-of-council-chamber-after-heated-exchange-37338821.html

Sarah Louise may not have read how to win friends and influence people all the way to the end.

" Norma Burke, aka Bunty Twuntingdon McFluff"

Dafuq

Fagan

We are in the main all younger than you but did the presidency attract such an eclectic gallery of contenders in say the swinging 60s/ early 70z ???

Not really. If there was an election at all it typically involved a Fianna Failer and Fine Gael hack Tom O Higgins.

1 Like

most mornings of the week now you wake up to news headlines where an irrational woman has made a holy show of herself

1 Like

Who is this head the ball? One of the pro life loonies :smile:

I think the Bunty Twuntington McFluff gag has gone a bit stale at this stage.

I’d say it was Tony Blair wot done it.

Those two candidates should have been ceremoniously fucked into the Liffey such is the disrespect they have shown. McFluff is apparently, a pro-abortion ‘human rights advocate’. Bless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyT5A0CwWYg

Gemma is off the mark

Laois County Council has given Presidential hopeful Gemma O’Doherty her first nomination.
The investigative journalist was one of three people who made a presentation to the council last week.
Sarah Louise Mulligan and Sean Gallagher made presentations but with Gallagher already receiving the required number of nominations, he instructed Cllrs not to nominate him.
Cllr Ben Brennan nominated Ms O’Doherty last week and a vote was held in the chamber this morning.
Laois County Council has given Presidential hopeful Gemma O’Doherty her first nomination.
The investigative journalist was one of three people who made a presentation to the council last week.
Sarah Louise Mulligan and Sean Gallagher made presentations but with Gallagher already receiving the required number of nominations, he instructed Cllrs not to nominate him.
Cllr Ben Brennan nominated Ms O’Doherty last week and a vote was held in the chamber this morning.
Four Cllrs voted for her and 13 abstained while two of the Cllrs were absent.
Cllrs Caroline Dwane Stanley, Ben Brennan, Aidan Mullins and Paschal McEvoy voted for Ms O’Doherty.

2 Likes

Lest you forgot … Vote Liadh Ni Riada

I’d love it, absolutely love it if we got a result and anyone beats that little cunt, anyone

2 Likes

I’ll be voting to re-elect our superb president. Michael D.Higgins, and look forward to warmly welcoming him back to Galway after his election victiory at a public reception in Eyre Square on Sunday October 28th, as I did in 2011.

A man that both Galway and Clare should be immensely proud of.

It is ironic that Galway folk will need someone born in Limerick to give them something to celebrate in Eyre Square .

3 Likes

Another Limerick man with the Galway simpletons in his back pocket.

6 Likes

And typical Limerick, ye turn on yer own.

MDH the best of a very poor selection

We all have bad apples, mate … supporting them just because they are your own leads to Lowry and Mattie …