Price of a Haircut

sorry, will edit to make it readable:cool: I type faster than I read and dont look back over it!

What blade do you get?

My hair’s a bit long so I reckon I’m going to get it cut this week down in Wexford. This will make quite a change as I’ve been using The Mespill Barber on Baggot Street to provide this service for the past 4 years or so. I think I’ll go to Snip It in Wexford town as opposed to Joe The Barber’s. Joe got the shit kicked out of him down in Club C in Rosslare a few years back and his hand’s been a bot shaky ever since apparently.

20 quid for a haircut? I presume ye get a blow job with that?

Five euros down the local village, best cut going, although the complacency talk is starting to ring a bell.

Most I ever paid was 13 quid in Limerick, had to finish it myself after the stupid little spice boy cunt.

I’ve went to one of the Polski places on Talbot street the last 2 times. Mighty job if you can get through the language barrier.

Wouldnt get anything too fancy done there but its grand for the 2 at sides cut at top.

[quote=“Rubber Johnny”]

Most I ever paid was 13 quid in Limerick, had to finish it myself after the stupid little spice boy cunt.[/quote]

Was it a handjob or a haircut you got?

Neither, unfortunately.

It looked fine and short in that pic of you in Glasgow… In a Wexford jersey with the NUMBER on it…

[quote=“Locke”]Just spent 20.00 for a haircut. I’ve gone to the same guy now for a year now and I think it’s good value. Hairwashed by the lovely Vicky, mug of coffee and a read of the gossip mags while he works away.

What do the rest of ye pay? Do you think I’m paying too much? The guy I go to is real good, top notch scissor work.[/quote]
The things you worry about…

Just coz you’ve haven’t had to worry about the price of a haircut for 2 and a half years…

That’s two cuts you’ve had off me in one day CG. Noted!

[quote=“Locke”]Just coz you’ve haven’t had to worry about the price of a haircut for 2 and a half years…

That’s two cuts you’ve had off me in one day CG. Noted![/quote]

Sorry, I’ll buy beer all day Sunday if you’re around

This coming from the guy who promised to do all the driving for the AI final day, all I had to do was supply the hang sambo’s and the Finches Orange. Still smarting from Tipps defeat…

You promised to drive to Thurles on Monday night

For what? Tipp U21 training?

Just got the bonce shaved. 20rmb(2e). and a handsome 10rmb tip for young eddy as I’ll always know him. Door to door in less than 5 minutes. Bleedin rapid cut too.

between 70 & 130 yoyos every 5-6 weeks for this ceann

Most I’ve ever paid was 220 tho’ (Yokahama)

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]
Most I’ve ever paid was 220 tho’ (Yokahama)[/quote]

Was that just for the head or did it cover the full coat?

Just back from the new barbers in Grand Canal Dock (in that ridiculous tall glass building). The staff are a bit over friendly. Two lads greeted me when i walked in, one of them offered to take my jacket and then pretty much proceeded to remove it himself. Then he asked me if i’d like tea or coffee and i said “eh no, i’d like a haircut please” so we had a little chuckle. The haircut itself was very professional although he went a little over the top by using about 10 different types of scissors and razors. At the end he poured some goo on my head (which i assumed was gel) and startred rubbing it in, and kept rubbing and kept rubbing - he basically gave me a head massage for 5 mins (which i enjoyed). Then he asked if i’d like gel / wax so i enquired as to what the fook he’d just put in my hair and he said it was some type of scalp moisturiser. When he was finished he gave me a hot facecloth which i have to admit is a lot better for removing stray hairs than the dry tissues offered in most places. Given the general gayness of the place and all the little extras involved i was expecting to be charged about 40 quid but it turned out to be 15 which i thought was reasonable. In summation, the cut was of a very good quality and i highly recommend a visit. Grand Barber it’s called. The only downside is the staff are over friendly and very chatty which i don’t like but it may be just because the place is new and they’re trying to make an impression, they might settle down over time.

Jugs

Sounds like an offshoot of the Grafton barber where I generally try to get a cut if possible. Usually a high quality cut with some general banter, followed by the head massage. Surroundings are good, tea/coffee offered, decent supply of reading materials-newspapers (broad and tabloid), magazines (playboy, GQ, FHM), around 17. I got married last Christmas and the bloke that cut my hair before the wedding must have fed me a bottle of vodka during the haircut. Very enjoyable and set me well up for my last night out before the wedding.

Last time I got a cut was in some place in The Square, some Eastern European bird in a top too small for her, but her flesh wasn’t too objectionable. The cut was fairly good but it was only 4 weeks ago and looks like I need to think about going again soon.

WBY

Half price haircuts (7) Monday - Thurs in the Barbers across the road from the Garda station in Rathmines.