Price of a Haircut

12 euro.
I don’t want tea and I don’t want my hair washed.
I make my own coffee and I have 2 showers a day cos of swimming so I don’t need a third hair wash.
Due to the recession I am now going every 8 weeks instead of every 6.

Yours in being tighter than a nuns nasty,
GSH.

[quote=“Garda Sean Horgan”]12 euro.
I don’t want tea and I don’t want my hair washed.
I make my own coffee and I have 2 showers a day cos of swimming so I don’t need a third hair wash.
Due to the recession I am now going every 8 weeks instead of every 6.

Yours in being tighter than a nuns nasty,
GSH.[/quote]

Whats your limit to pay for a haircut then GSH?

Got my hair scalped in a polish barbers once, they even gave me the high arch over the ear that all eastern europeans seem to sport. Haircut was for nothing, 4 yoyos or so, but it was a pure hatchet job. I have no issue with paying for quality.

between 8 & 10 euro(it varies) in a place off pearse st - none of this indian head massage tripe & happy endings that Dan seems to like

I think I paid 16 euro to Ian on baggot street beside lad lane a few times.
However I then realised that I’m a man and not a poodle or a girl and I just need a simple hair cut. I need my hair to be a certain length, I don’t need it to be styled or colored so I just need some bog standard lad with a sissors to do the job.
If I need my carpets to be cleaned I don’t need to pay for a lad that has a degree in persian rug cleaning and equipment for cleaning individual strands of donegal wool. I just need a lad with a hoover and a brush. Same logic for my hair.
The way I see it is that I’ll pay 16 euro if it gets to that but I’ll just ask for a shorter hair cut and I’ll wait longer before going back.
At the TFKY2K+8 D2 party I think everyone said “Wow, nice hair Horgan”.

Yours in thriftiness,
GSH.

I spend around €50 odd if Im looking for something simple but usually I pay around €80.

To be fair flano to touch your head, thats the least you should expect to pay. :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont really know where you came up with that but whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Truth is I havent got my hair cut in probably a year or so. I’m currently abstaining from them. I will be getting it all taken off for the Mania trip though.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]20 euro is a lot to pay for a haircut I think. I don’t want a fooking cup of tea. Get in, get out and don’t look back.

Michael in Mohill charges me a tenner, sometimes less if he wants. Mind you like Bandage my haircut is fairly straightforward - blade 2 all around and take the fringe.

I used to get it cut in a spot on Store Street when I worked in the IFSC who charged a tenner but a 2 euro tip was mandatory. Seeing that there is not a barber’s shop within an ass’ roar of me where I work now my new Dublin barber shop of choice is some spot in Terenure where the lads that barber (word?)have a combined age of around 200!! 13 euro though which is decent value…[/quote]

i think i share barbers with the farmer!

top notch clippers those lads, master craftsmen you would trust with your life.
14 euro now though but its worth it for the consistent quality

[quote=“Flano”]I dont really know where you came up with that but whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Truth is I havent got my hair cut in probably a year or so. I’m currently abstaining from them. I will be getting it all taken off for the Mania trip though.[/quote]

Stone coldesque in tribute.

I dont think I’ll go that far Shan.

46 days is all thats left. Christ thats mental.

I now frequent the Grand Barber down in Grand Canal Dock on the recommendation of Jugs and cesc4. That English barber in my old haunt was crap and it was a 50/50 risk as to whether you’d get him or not. That reminds me, the place I used to go to in Wexford when I was in school or whatever had about 3 lads working there and people would be upfront about letting someone skip ahead of them to get who they regarded as a better barber.

I used to go to a wierd fella up in Glasnevin. Arthur (I think the surname was Guinness) was his name. I only went twice, the place freaked me out.

It freaked you out but you felt the need to go a second time…

The 2nd time was out of pure neccessity and nothing else. It was very close to the house so I said it was worth another chance.

I used to go to the local place around the corenr from me years ago. Mental place. I remember one day I was in there and the two lads had From Dusk Till Dawn playing on the TV. I couldn’t help but think if they would bother turning it off if a kid came in for a cut.

whatever about the price, no way would i let a woman near me with a scissors, its years since i trusted one to go at me and aside from a bit of tit being rubbed against you for 10 minutes there is nothing but bad to come from it.

barbers should be men plain and simple, leave women and men who want to be women to do their own hair but a barber must be a man.

7 bob in Camden Barber on Camden St Mon-Weds. Got it snipped yesterday and a fine job he did too. Indian lad and they have an Aussie chick working there too who’s half decent.
Used to go to Eds on Jervis St which was grand and all in for a yul brynner but you avoided the Chinese lad like the plague - would cut the neck off ya.
Mate of mine owns Sams Barbers on Bachelors walk. Got it done there a few times for a hall door but had to cover the johnson as the little lady giving me the head massage was a little too good at her job.
It’s a far cry from Wogans on South King St. Two ould lad brothers working for years just with scissors and ne’ery an electric razor to be seen.

I think you’re looking for the “Price of a Prostitute” thread

I had a bitch about this in things that are wrong the other day. My spot in galway features two aul boys and a girl, one of the aul boys and the girl being superb. So much so, in fact, that I am sporting one of their haircuts for every photo of evey significant moment of my life for the last five years. Don’t ask too many questions about what you want which is good since I can only give the most basic of instructions about what I want when it comes to a haircut,and the result is always spot on and promptly delivered.

Unfortunately the third of the group is the barber from hell. Constantly talks to you, no matter how obvious the reluctance in your responses, and cannot work and talk at the same time. On top of that he always says what you asked for is a bad idea, for a different reason every time, and manages to fire in some ignorant remark along the way. Finally, when he says is that alright for you, your hair looks no different to when you walked in, and you’re forced to ask him to do more with it even though that means spending another 15 minutes in his company.

[quote=“HBV*”]whatever about the price, no way would i let a woman near me with a scissors, its years since i trusted one to go at me and aside from a bit of tit being rubbed against you for 10 minutes there is nothing but bad to come from it.

barbers should be men plain and simple, leave women and men who want to be women to do their own hair but a barber must be a man.[/quote]

Nah, dont follow that rule of thumb at all. Some of my best haircuts have come from broads.