Price of a Haircut

It all comes down how much value you put on looking and feeling good mate. Fuck the begrudgers

Roasters who spend more on a carvery than a haircut. And it nearly zero 16.

I’ve tentative plans to get my hair cut this morning.

cc @Tassotti.

I go to a very nice young lady in Macclesfield. Her normal charge for a dry cut is £9, which is more than fair. On a Monday, however she reduces the price to £7.50. Monday is the only day I can go. I feel guilty about the undercharge, so I pay a tenner. It is hence more expensive for me to get my hair cut on a cheap day than an expensive day.
I am certain there is an economic thesis in here somewhere.
As an aside, she also offers a loyalty stamp card thing whereby every six haircuts, you get a freebie.

1 Like

Ps, you would, but I don’t have a photo.

You mug, you feel guilty about paying the discount price so to get over that you pay a premium on the standard price.

FFS sake.

I know. It’s fucking weird.

1 Like

My fella on Camden street used to be €7. I’d always give him the tenner as I felt that was good value/fair price. However if you charge me €15 for a haircut there is no chance you are getting a tip.

On your economic thesis bit I wonder if the average price paid inc tip, per haircut changes much. If it was £9 I’m sure most would give the £10 and similar to yourself @ £7.50 most probably give the £10. You’d probably feel you had gotten better value though psychologically in spite paying the same amount.

Is this the same lady that rubs her boobs off your head and do you think that subconsciously this has anything to do with your overpaying?

The place I go there are two barbers, the owner, a turkish chap who is very good, and a much younger fella.

My problem is that it is €16 regardless who cuts your hair. I expressed my annoyance at that to my wife who said in the ladies hair salons you pay by experience (e.g. you have an option of a junior or senior stylist). Seems a much better way of doing it.

Maybe you should start going to your wife’s salon so, you fucking screaming Nora.

Fuck sake is this what modern manhood is about.

16 Likes

That’s a clamping. Crying to his wife about a haircut, what next, objecting to legitimately decided county finals no doubt.

A far cry from Chick Gillen’s on Domnick St.

I’d say subconscious has nothing to do with it.

2 Likes

Can you not say you’ll wait for the other chap to become available, when it’s your turn next and it’s the younger chap waiting for you? I was in my place lately, the time i left with someone elses jacket, and when i came in to sit down there was one other punter waiting. I started reading the paper not thinking i would be up so soon but your man nudged me to go up. Obviously he wanted one of the barbers in particular to cut his. I had no great complaints as it meant i was out of their quicker.

Yes. We are fucked - the sooner we are replaced by robots, the better.

you actually let a woman cut your hair?? seriously?

1 Like

Indeed. Or seanie thorntons “will I give ye a dart of the thinners”

It passes the time whilst she’s rubbing her boobs off my head.

13 Likes

Ah lovely.