Price of a Pint

For that…no? €6 going rate city centre now

I had the good fortune to drink several pints in newport last night. Not sure how many, or at what cost…

1 Like

The mayo one or the tipperary one ?

Mayo. What sort of lunatic do you take me for

Is this a trap?

1 Like

Is that the 7 sisters

Only one way to find out

Leitrim had us reeling in the beers with €4.20 pints in Biddy’s of Manorhamilton

The town itself was relatively quiet but luckily enough, probably due to the World Cup, Biddy’s Bar was enjoying a brisk trade when we stopped by for a few pints of the black stuff.

4 Likes

Majority of places ive been over the last few weeks have been over a fiver for a pint. Not getting a note back after handing over a tenner is a fair kick in the stones.

6:80 for a pint of lager
6:20 for Guinness
6:80 for bottle of lager

Devitts. Last night. Wasn’t overly busy.

I’d say it’s close to a tipping point where lads will stop.

1 Like

We’re still at a fiver here in fifi land

1 Like

The Green Rooster, Mohill last night.

Pint of Guinness €4.80

2 Likes

Ring the nephew

I’m in Wetherspoons in Waterford (he actually said Spoons)
What are you drinking in an English pub for. Would you not support the local economy, drink in a local pub
They don’t have pints for €1.95
What kind of shite are they serving you for €1.95?
Dungarvan Red Ale.
Oh.

18 Likes

A good few months ago they were supposedly doing a promo on John Smiths at €1.20 a pint,

I stopped in there to break a walk up town a few weeks back. For 2 bottles of cider it was €3 cheaper on the previous place.
It was dreary as fuck in there though.

It is. I only ever walked through it to see what it was like. Dreary as you say.

1 Like

The ones in Ireland are seriously fancy compared to the ones in England. Grim

3 Likes

The kind of value that could test your morals alright

Fella I was with was on crutches so was feeling the walk. So we used that as a half way house.
No music or tv or anything going, sparse enough crowd.
It reminded me of chucking out time in night clubs back in the day when they turned off the music and turned on the lights to get you to leave.
Every fella drunker than the next.

On the plus side the toilets were up the stairs on the 3rd floor so I was delighted to see my mate struggle up to the jacks. When he got back I pointed out what looked like a lift to him.

2 Likes

Generally absolutely soulless, though there is the odd decent looking one in London. I wouldn’t give that cunt a penny now.

dsc_0087

1 Like

Three of Kilkenny’s very best pints (O’Gorman’s, Ó Riada’s and The Harp) are all a fiver. Meanwhile mediocre places are 5.50.

Quality rather than price is surely the major issue. But it is interesting to see the really good places keep their price point low.

On a tour tomorrow of some of Dublin’s finest spots, including – probably – Briody’s, Cleary’s, Slattery’s, The Gravediggers and Toner’s. Will report.

6 Likes