Pubs opening

Sounds dodgy, he knew of road bowling but didn’t have a clue how it works, it’s the equivalent of saying you don’t understand a swimming race.
I don’t believe you

I’ll have to live with you not believing me

1 Like

Cork lads circling the wagons again.

1 Like

Road bowling and Zamparelli anecdotes are hills worth dying on

2 Likes

Who knew road bowling had rules btw? I thought they just pegged a stone down a road until they got to a finish line?

Rings is common outside Cork surely? We’ve had a board in the family home for as long as I can remember. When the family came out to Australia Xmas one year, a board was even brought out for the annual family competition/royal rumble.

And before it’s said, there’s no carkness anywhere darkening the gene pool.

A stone?

:flushed::flushed:

1 Like

There are cultural intricacies to it you won’t appreciate without Carkness

Yeah, while a pick up game while chatting is common, Xmas sees intergenerational grudges brought to the fore played out through the medium of rings

1 Like

Sorry, a rock.

Does inbreeding be taken into account?

Here you are lads. They loves their road bowling in Cark.

John Peel rolling out the red carpet this afternoon. @TreatyStones @Julio_Geordio

4 Likes

What’s the aversion to road bowling lads?

Characteristics of Carkness;

… I was going to start listing these out here but it has the potential to be a thread of it’s own actually…

1 Like

South Armagh is the spiritual home of road bowling

2 Likes

It already is… knock yourself out.

1 Like

There’s a mythical Cork man up in Dublin who never shuts up about it but isn’t aware that it’s just about throwing a ball down a road in as few throws as possible, you couldn’t make it up, except somebody did.

2 Likes

The wagons are in

1 Like