Pubs opening

These lads could absolutely not wait for a sup

1 Like

The guy at the end is from NPHET.
They’ll have a rep in every pub watching you drink your pint, waiting for a slip up.

22 Likes

He ain’t scooping anyway, that’s for sure

Callanans?

Anyone on here actually had the first pint poured in a pub in 190 days? Where did it fall in the Creaminess Scale?

It’s the Castle Inn. They love their ringboards down in Cork.

1 Like

I have a mate from Cork that was going on about ring board tournaments before. They really are a strange breed.

The first place I ever saw one was in the kitchen of old friends (long deceased) of my parents in Kilkenny. I used to go straight for it every time we landed into their house.

We had one at home. We adapted it to be similar to darts in that you always had to finish on a number. But to me it was always a household game but never for the likes of pubs.

I’ll be letting the drunks clear the pipes for me before I venture in.

2 Likes

It’s one of those things Cork people say they do to sound different.

A lad I used to work with used to give it the big one about road bowling and how big it was in Cork, how many played it, how great Cork was, Cork, Cork, Cork etc

One day we were out for a few pucks and I asked him how to play. He hadn’t a clue of the rules

1 Like

They play road bowling above in Ardpatrick. On the road to Kildorrery .

God help you if you ever walk past them, even between sets. Barrack street is full of them. Bit like bars in southern states in America that play cornhole its gas the way different regions have a pursuit that is totally unique to them and not adopted elsewhere.

You start at one end of a road and fuck a bowl down it until the bowl crosses the end point. First man across wins.

1 Like

No wonder it’s popular in Cork

Cork and the North. Prime deviancy

They play it between Dunmore East and Passage East as well.

A pint of plain followed by a chaser of sanitiser.

WTF, he didn’t understand road bowling?
I’m gonna have to say TNH

It happened mate.