Pubs opening

Would you think about making a Lego girlfriend? :ronnyroar:

Be sore on the mickey I’d say

2 Likes

I’m just throwing this out there lads…

2 Likes

The insurance companies will have to make that money back some other way. Will be interesting when pubs go looking for insurance again and their premiums have gone up.

Yeah just the pubs will pay…

1 Like

Don’t worry, I’ve no doubt we will all end up paying for it as usual.

Pooled risk :sunglasses:

yeah that’s exactly what will happen, I think FBD is the only provider that gave the pandemic cover so there’s an option to move but obviously, your claim record will follow you around

Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Club has been paying pandemic insurance since the early 80s I believe which is very belt and braces of them

1 Like

You should tweet that.

I predict a June/July pub opening.

With or without a substantial meal?

With unfortunately. September full opening.

2022 maybe pal.

Lads thinking they will be drinking pints in Ireland this year :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It’s a new dawn, a new day.

CORONAVIRUS

Coronavirus in Ireland: Pubs and clubs to open longer

Sunday pub opening hours will be extended and city centre nightclubs will stay open beyond 2.30am in a reform of the licensing laws being planned by Helen McEntee, the justice minister, to bolster the hospitality sector after the Covid-19 lockdown.

New categories of alcohol licences will be created for cultural venues, such as art galleries and theatres, while special event licences will be given for marquee weddings and other one-off occasions.

The creation of a dedicated nightclub permit will remove the expensive legal pretence of clubs applying to courts for special exemption orders for each night they want to open beyond regular pub hours. These can cost up to €400 each, so a club opening three nights a week can face legal costs of more than €60,000 a year.

The overhaul of licensing laws — promised by successive governments for more than a decade — will be announced tomorrow when McEntee reveals her justice reform plan for 2021.

The minister said yesterday: “Our pub, hospitality and cultural sectors are an intrinsic part of our social fabric but have been hardest hit by the pandemic, with many not opening their doors for a year.

“As part of my plan to build a justice system that works for everyone I want to support these businesses as they get back on their feet but, as we plan how our economy and society will look after the pandemic, I also believe we need to broaden the range of cultural offerings available in the night-time economy.”

McEntee said her licensing reforms would “make it easier for venues, galleries, exhibition spaces and “pop-up” events to thrive and ensure a vibrant and safe night-time economy”.

The reform of Sunday trading hours is designed to align pub and off-licence opening times with the rest of the week, with pubs being able to serve until 12.30am on Saturdays and Sundays, for example.

At present, pubs, off-licences and supermarkets cannot sell alcohol before 12.30pm on a Sunday; pubs must stop serving at 11pm, while off-licences must close at 10pm and nightclubs at 1am.

A government source said a broader range of licences and greater flexibility on opening hours had contributed to varied night-time economies in cities in other countries. “This is about revitalising these vital industries and preparing for life after Covid, when our cultural and hospitality sectors can flourish again,” he said. “It is also about families being comfortable enjoying a revitalised night-time economy. There will be one approach for built-up city or town centres, another for suburban or residential areas.”

Department of Justice officials are examining the repeal of the Licensing Act, the Registration of Clubs Act and the 1935 Dance Hall Act, as well as changing laws on the sale of alcohol, as part of the reform. McEntee will bring draft legislation to government by the summer, one source said.

The Justice Plan 2021 will set out a series of legal reforms with timelines to indicate when various elements will be acted upon.

The licensing reform will also involve “staggering and extending closing times”. New amenity licences will be considered for premises where the sale of alcohol is ancillary to the main activity such as sporting arenas, airports, trains, racecourses and cultural venues.

The reforms may also lead to the District Court taking over responsibility for new on-licence applications from the Circuit Court, the source said.

1 Like
1 Like

What chances is there of having some gastro pubs open for the may bank holiday?

Looking like ziltch