Pubs opening

Yeah that could be it.

Thereā€™s a puritanicalism underling this too. Alcohol consumption is falling in Ireland but yet we still see MUP introduced.

Be interesting to see where normal hours are restored.

2 Likes

Doing this without NI doing it too has the potential to be a recipe for economic disaster

Itā€™s not due to come in until 1 Jan 2022. It could be delayed now but itā€™s on the books.

Youā€™d wonder if all booze will increase as premium brands may want to and may see opportunities to increase price ahead of the discount brands.

I donā€™t think it can be delayed now itā€™s locked in for Jan

Who is getting the extra cash generated I assume itā€™s additional Vat??

Iā€™d say it will drive down the alcohol content in lot of products as thatā€™s what drives the price

Apparently itā€™s not tax. Itā€™s a minimum price so money goes to retailer or drink company.

1 Like

The Schoolhouse in Ballsbridge will rent you a plastic pod for your outdoor dining not to be ruined by inclement weather for 100 euro

Or you can book a regular outdoor table and cancel if it rains

In fairness to them they have a nice outdoor area but the pod rental is taking the piss as itā€™s not even set off against food or drinks

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to have to keep this information away from the Mrs

2 Likes

The pods look well.

Yeā€™ll be paying 48 euro for yer slabs of Budweiser

Pop up gazebo in woodies for 99 euro. Surely ten of them for a pub with a car park be a good investment

Itā€™ll be nice to see Newry and Strabane picking up the slabs

All Ireland final day will be off the chain

1 Like

No mention of Merrion Row?

No mention. A cultural corridor.

1 Like

Ye wouldnā€™t even need to go as far as Newry. Two grand offies in Jonesborough

1 Like

This was great. The positivity and can-do was like emerging from a bad dream. Nigel Owens was unreal, I am a rubby guy now

In other news Bord Failte published the wrong reopening guidelines tonight

6 Likes

Did you post something a while back @Lazarus about indoor being pretty likely for the first week of July or did I dream that? A letter from the VFI or something like that? Is that still considered likely?

I heard that too.

1st week of July weā€™ll be in the peak of the 4th wave with 7,000 cases per day.

LIDTF