Pubs opening

There was a good crowd around Glynns and Delahuntys on Dorset street pre game.

Government reopening plan

This evening Tánaiste Leo Varadkar confirmed pubs will return to the “old rules” on Friday 22nd October. This means that from that date customers will be permitted to stand/sit at the bar counter and the requirement for table service will no longer apply. Normal opening and closing times will also resume.

Live music is permitted in pubs from next Monday 6th September.

Government has chosen 22nd October for final easing of restrictions because over 90% of the adult population will be vaccinated by that date.

There are some issues that we need further clarification on and will endeavour to get that over the next day or two.

4 Likes

First reference to sitting at the bar I’ve seen today.

:clap:

1 Like

That first pint at a bar counter will be the moment you know its all over.**

**I’ve had shitloads of pints at a bar counter

15 Likes

Im delighted but strange to lift all restrictions on a bank holiday Friday, total carnage.

The Jazz in Cork will be off the chain.

1 Like

The trick or treatin’ will be savage this year. Roaming bands of twerps on electric scooters traversing the country pissed out of their trees. Time to get a viscous dog or worse.

2 Likes

Reopening update

We have received a number of queries from members about the various dates for easing of restrictions that most impact pubs so the following is the timeline as set out by Government:

Monday 6th September

Live music is permitted from this date. Customers must remain seated as per existing guidelines for pubs.

You may have heard reference to 60% of venue capacity but this does NOT refer to pubs, but for organised indoor events and mass gatherings. Pubs will continue to follow existing guidelines.

Dancing is NOT permitted in pubs.

Monday 20th September

There are no easing of restrictions specifically related to pubs on this date.

Friday 22nd October

All restrictions related to pubs will end on this date. Customers will be allowed stand/sit at the bar counter, mandatory table service will end and closing times will return to normal.

There will be no requirement to socially distance in pubs from this date.

​​​​​​

Customer data - reminder

As you know businesses must keep a record of the time and date of arrival at the premises of a group and the name and telephone number of the lead person in a group for COVID-19 contact tracing. Details must be securely retained for 28 days and be compliant with GDPR.

Please ensure you destroy the records after the 28-day period expires.

You could get them at the bar counter in Dundalk while watching the hurling back in July

1 Like

Not like law-abiding Fundalk

Did you find a watery dog yet?

I laughed at this.

No craic allowed.

Can you dance in your seat I wonder or on the way to the jacks?

Cc @peddlerscross

5 Likes

Jazz is musical wanking

I’ll be shining my shoes ahead of that.

3 Likes

Its fucking on. I missed a good session. Can’t wait for Willie Clancy 2022

2 Likes

A great event to do untold with the opposite sex.

1 Like

The first few weeks after the re-opening will be a good time for tfk to pivot to stay at home

3 Likes

Love going down to the Jazz and hitting the real Cork pubs. Places like Deep South are grand for an hour or two but thats enough.

1 Like