Pubs opening

Heā€™d be a serious Kloppist as well so there could potentially be a twinning opportunity with the Ratoath Inn LFC Supporters Club

Thereā€™s a big mural of Klopp in there. Youā€™d have to imagine Kloppā€™s stand on vaccination has prompted this about turn.

The apple did not fall far from the tree

Used to be a great town for fighting and sometimes a nightclub would break out. Publicans made serious dough there for a while but somewhere along the line taxi buses died out and it made it impossible to get there or home and that finished the night clubs.
Whelans is doing fine though, heā€™s taken the late crowd but it isnā€™t a patch of what it was as a drinking town.

6 Likes

No greater rush than emerging from a pile of bodies in Superbites with your teeth and snackbox intact.

And the quick sprint across the square to hop on the already overcrowded taxi before it sets off for home.

He will have no fear of keeping good business. Itā€™s packed most weekends from the NCW locals, he would have plenty of regulars from down through the years. He has gone stone mad all the same

Whatā€™s Leeā€™s Bar like in NCW?

Fine sports pub from what Iā€™ve heard. Great craic apparently

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if there is another u turn from Gearoid yet. Iā€™m reliably informed that he was on the beer all Monday and yesterday.

1 Like

I see this up at home too,we would have buses going to bundoran every Saturday night and some would make 2 runs.Sunday night there was always at least 1 to The Abbey in Donegal town and about 3/4 on a bank holiday.Now thereā€™s never a bus anywhere.What caused this,insurance?

Insurance , casual violence , serial puking .

I suppose it was part of it. The buses used to have stools in the aisles and three on every two seats.
A cunt of a job too. Ferrying drunk young people all over the country

1 Like

The barmans weekend :pint:

3 buses used to leave Askeaton every Saturday night in early 00s

And the fuckers in the coach would send a bus over every Sunday night at 10, then tell you fuck off when you looked for the bus back home.

1 Like

Nothing makes me feel alive more than standing outside Supermacs in Thurles at 3am on Christmas Eve morning waiting for a bus thatā€™ll take you half way round Tipperary dropping lads off before eventually getting to your own bed around half 5. cc @endakenny

6 Likes

Possibly need to broaden your horizons

2 Likes

When you look back on your life, you wonā€™t remember the nightā€™s you got plenty of sleep.

3 Likes

Jesus I donā€™t know about that although probably cos Iā€™d love one now with a teething 5 month old

2 Likes

Yeah I remember being dropped home by the bus on a Sunday night Monday morning in the summer with the sun just up after an all day session ending up in Donegal Town.Sleep for an hour or two then up for work.Them were the days.

2 Likes