Pubs To Frequent

Popped into it last summer. Seems to be becoming more a food place now and was extremely expensive for what they dish up. Took ages to get a pint (middle of the day) and it was awful when it came out. Owner kept telling us about the new seaweed baths and spa heā€™d put in next door. Went across the road to the other pub which was far better.

Is that the blue coloured pub at the bottom of a road that leads you to Brandon Point? One room job?

1 Like

The Duke of Argyl in Soho. Lovely English pub with excellent pale ales, nice bitter and reportedly fantastic lager. Prices are decent too for London City centre at less than Ā£3.00 a pint of bitter.

Itā€™s right on the pier.

The view going out the front door.

1 Like

@tassotti, ever drink in the Princess Louise in Holborn? Greatest pub in the empire.

2 Likes

Is that the Victorian one with loads of snugs?

Thatā€™s the one.

The George and Vulture of Lombard St in the City of London, and the Jam Pot around the corner from it.

Great boozer alright!

Thatā€™s the one. Had a couple of Guinness in there back in September. It was wild enough the same day. Nice pub, good stout

Lovely spot altogether. Was googling the pub there it actually got third on the Irish times list of best pubs in Ireland.

Murphyā€™s is a fine pub, no doubt about it.

1 Like

Where is it from the Tube Station? Iā€™ll be in the region in the next few weeks and will aim to frequent it.

http://princesslouisepub.co.uk/find-the-pub/

You wonā€™t regret it.

1 Like

Ffs, walked past it the other day

I must have walked past that place about 100 times and never gone in. That will change soon.

1 Like

Thereā€™s some cracking pubs in Letterkenny. Did you venture to McGinleys Croppy?

Yeah Iā€™d be in there every now and then. Nice spot as well.

I actually think thereā€™s a shortage of great pubs up there. Thereā€™s 5/6 max. Compared to Wexford town or Cork thereā€™s not half as many Iā€™d count as decent drinking holes.

Iā€™m here now drinking a pint of bitter. Itā€™s a game changer of a pub. Iā€™m disappointed it took me this long to discover it.

3 Likes