Pubs To Frequent

Corner of Wicklow st and Andrew St.

One of these city centre pubs with no charm or character and like to charge through the nose for drink.

A Guinness in there is close to 6 quid.

At least the Dawson Street pubs are decorated well and are reasonably comfortable.

Old Stand owners also own Davy Byrne’s which makes sense. Other such cunt holes include the Duke and Peter’s Pub.

1 Like

What’s Hartigans on Leeson Street like these days? Was a favourite of mine in the ‘90s for a proper drink with good company…

1 Like

Exactly the same as you remember it.

1 Like

Wasn’t there some dodgy deal meant to be done one All Ireland day in Hartigans?

Something to do with Bertie or Flynn maybe?

Denis O’Brien and Michael Lowry had a few pints with toasted ham and cheese sandwiches there alright…

Hardy the same without Ma Harto…

1 Like

That’s the one.

Is she dead? She was still going strong when I was in there last August.

I thin I read somewhere she was dead. Used to meet up with a gang of student nurses there occasionally back in the day. She’s be chastising them for distracting men from their pints…

sounds like a woman you’d marry

Had a few pints in former hardware store turned pub Churchtown Stores. It’s a very good version of a neighbourhood pub and they have Kinnegar Scraggy Bay on draft

Is that beside the SuperValu?

I would have been in the hardware store there once or twice down the years.

That’s the one. It was a great shop. They kept the old sign from the shop.

Sounds a bit hipstery

A bit?

Up Kerry
Cc @balbec

@Fagan_ODowd, @anon70480284, @Thornhill and any other Deise heads - any recommendations for a few hints in Waterford this evening? Staying in the Barley Field I think it is

Are you doing a pilgrimage to the tomb of Brother Rice?

Anyway Downes, Davy Macs, J&K Walsh, Thomas Mahers , Geoff’s are all good spots where a middle aged man wouldn’t feel out of place. Nicky’s just down the road from The Barley Field is a good pub and a Mount Sion pub. Uisce Beatha on the Quay is a good pub as well

1 Like

I was going to say “you cheeky cunt”, but on reflection that’s exactly what I want :older_man:

1 Like