Pubs To Frequent

For the late bottle and some tunes of various types hit the market bar and Heerys.
Both are beside Geoff’s.

1 Like

What’s the place across from Thomas Mahers? Good porter in there, as well as Mahers

Waterford is a county a bit too far out of reach for a Leitrim man.

I was in Tramore once though. Between the dump beside the beach and the knackers outside the nightclub looking for fights, I was never in a rush to go back.

I once had the pleasure of witnessing the legendary Pob O Brien play in the Lords (or was it the Kings?)
A fine pub in a lovely town

That’s Tully’s. Small narra place. Always good for a few.

Used to be Donie McLoughlins when I was a chap. It was a grand pub.

Kings

1 Like

The dump is gone and the knackers usually only hit Tramore on the August Bank Holiday. Otherwise it’s a town that’s very much on the upswing now.

2 Likes

It was still McLoughlin’s up until a few years ago. Was always handy for a few if you were in Garter Lane.

Where would we get a daycent bite to eat at this hour?

Sorry, only seen this now. Did you get sorted?

Geoff’s is very good for grub

Found my way there anyway, sound

No bother.

1 Like

Lovely spot

Joan Armstrading and Luke dropped in to play a few times for us. Waterford is fair diverse.

1 Like

They have your picture up in Nicky’s @Fagan_ODowd

2 Likes

I was waiting for a 31 there so I said to myself I’ll see what this Wetherspoons is like as it is immediately adjacent to the bus stop. I’ll tell you what it’s like. It’s shit. I was 10 minutes waiting to get served at this gargantuan bar before giving up. But hey on the other hand you can download an app and the drink will be delivered to you.

4 Likes

I’ve never been in there but the sight of 20 bouncers outside the doors all day is a bit off putting.

Lack of staff or just shit staff?

I had two creamy pints of porter in The Duke yesterday, they were noble

1 Like