Pundit Lists

What are the pundit ratings these days?

I couldnt find a list of em in a search.

Is Giles still top, Crooks bottom etc?

What are the number of posts needed too.

Please & Thanks

Dunphy is the main man.

Giles is good at match time but his knowledge of what is going on in the world of football is minimal, as he has shown recently when managerial positions are being debated. He hasn’t a fookin clue, and has little or no knowledge of any players outside of England.

I think WoW meant the number of posts and their link to pundits rather than actual pundit ratings but why don’t we debate both in this thread?

Wouldn’t really disagree with that Appendage. Giles has been shown up by the widespread football on tv these days when his passing interest in football has been badly exposed. He’s embarrassing at Champions League time.

Dunphy is generally alright but he’s a tendency to be a complete fool much of the time too and he’s a stubborn bastard. Still well worth a watch though.

Anyway that’s not what WoW was asking. I’ll do a search WoW but off the top of my head Ted Walsh is top with Crooks bottom.

Bandage wrote:

I think WoW meant the number of posts and their link to pundits rather than actual pundit ratings but why don’t we debate both in this thread?

I did and why not?

I’d take Pat Spillane off The Sunday Game presenter role, but him back in the live show next to O’Rourke and Brolly. So he can wind up Joe ‘Lawyer/Liar’ Brolly and insult fucking Nordies at the same time. He’s muck as a presenter.

If we get consensus on how the various pundits stand now then it might be worthwhile updating the pundit listing. Pundits like anything can improve or disimprove over time. And we also need to take into consideration some are no longer pundits (Ger Loughnane) and others have since become pundits (Warren Barton!).

Ok - got so excited when I read the start of WoW’s post that I lunged into my reply straight away. School boy error.

Muck Pundits:

Crooks
Lineker
Neil Francis
Hansen
Shearer
Logan (Presenter i know)
Guscott

That’s ok Appendage. From a review of your posts on here they’re littered with errors so nothing to worry about.

No problem with reviewing the pundits but by Christ I’ll take some convincing to remove Ted Walsh from the top spot.

Rankings as they stand:

1 Jamie Redknapp 1
2 Garth Crooks 10
3 Peter Schmeichel 20
4 Alan Hansen 30
5 Niall Quinn 50
6 Ray Houghton 75
7 Joe Brolly 100
8 Pat Spillane 200
9 Ger Loughnane 300
10 George Hook 500
11 Cyril Farrell 650
12 Liam Brady 800
13 Johnny Giles 1000
14 Eamon Dunphy 1200
15 Ted Walsh 2000

Colm O’Rourke should be instead of some of those GAA heads. An excellent pundit, as good if not better than Ted Walsh.

Souness is worth his place, quite impressive with RTE.

Hook is a clown - saw him getting a speeding ticket in Stillogran once - funny at the time.

Increase the number of posts for each rung of the pundit ladder? 200 posts to get to mid table is not a lot

Hook probably should fall a few places, as RTE dont have HC rugby and didn’t have the RWC. So we’ll only get him for the 6 Nations. I don’t listen to him on the radio.

Agree on Souness

Colm O’Rouke is a cracking pundit alright. Not as good as Walsh though. Walsh calls it right an awful lot but he’s also a funny bastard. Also O’Rourke was pathetic on the Brian Dooher thing.

I think the easiest thing to do is put the different sports in order first so we sort the soccer lads, sort the GAA lads, sort the rugby lads, sort the other lads and then mesh them all together.

For soccer I’d be looking at:

Jamie Redknapp
Peter Schmeichel
Andy Townsend
Alan Hansen
Ray Houghton
Ronnie Whelan
Pat Dolan
Johnny Giles
Liam Brady
Eamon Dunphy

Crooks isn’t a pundit that much so he can go. Not much point in adding Gullit or Souness because Gullit just got a job and Souness is actively looking for one so won’t be a pundit much longer.

Any others or disagreements with that order?

Robbie Earle (if still around)
Chris Kamara
Ian Wright

Ian Wright has to be at the bottom. Annoyingly loud, stupid and jingoistic fookwit.

Shearer should be below Hansen, similar to where he spends most of his time on BBC coverage, sucking his balls.

Lee Dixon and Gavin Peacock should be at the lower end of the spectrum too along with Mark Lawrenson.

I’d be for slipping Kenny “Eyebrows” Cunningham in.

I find Lee Dixon ok I have to say. And Hansen’s analysis is good imo but he’s wannabe English which is pathetic.

Manu Petit should be bottom of the pile. Takes a few minutes to spit out a sentence and then I can’t understand it. Macca’s reasonably insightful.

http://www.thefreekick.com/images/fbfiles/images/54m.jpg I’m glad someone else noticed Kenny Cunningham’s eyebrows. They’ve a life of their own. They’re up and down at a rate of knots. He hasn’t a clue about the football either, whatever Bill suggests to him he runs with

Watched Ian Wright doing the pre-match ‘Analysis’ on the beeb before the Croatia match, and he is fooking brutal, absolutely hasn’t a clue. A pure jingoist with no clue. He even made Shearer look good ffs

He has to be at the bottm of the list.

Hello General btw and welcome

Appendage wrote:

Colm O’Rourke should be instead of some of those GAA heads. An excellent pundit, as good if not better than Ted Walsh.

Souness is worth his place, quite impressive with RTE.

Hook is a clown - saw him getting a speeding ticket in Stillogran once - funny at the time.

Crazy speak there Appendage - when has O’Rourke ever done any analysing on a game?

Souness is entertaining as the guy who can’t believe he is let say what he wants but his punidtry leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. He threw out the ‘someone needs to put their arm around Stephen Ireland’ bullshit. As if he ever did that.

For the record, my pundit lists would go something like this (from bottom up):

RTE main GAA football pundits
BBC main soccer pundits (as a group - leave out nobody)
Sky main soccer pundits (at least everyone knows that they are shit)
RTE main hurling pundits (as a group)
BBC main snooker pundits
RTE main soccer pundits (as a group)
Bobby George
Ted Walsh

Is ths dead and buried now with the Reputations taking over in the new site?

Seems a shame imo.

How do you see your own reputation? And those of others without hovering over the coloured square?

Not dead and buried - it will be brought back at the weekend.

I’ll work on making the reputations more transparent but I think that clicking on your User Control Panel will show your reputation and clicking on any member shows their reputation.