Question for the techies

Finding IP address in Gmail

1. Log into your Gmail account with your username and password.
  2. Open the mail.
  3. To display the email headers,
  • Click on the inverted triangle beside Reply. Select Show Orginal.
  1. You may copy the headers and use my IP address detection script to ease the process. Or if you want to manually find the IP address, proceed to 5.
  2. Look for Received: from followed by the IP address between square brackets [ ].

Received: from [69.138.30.1] by web31804.mail.mud.yahoo.com

1. If you find more than one Received: from patterns, select the last one.
  2. Track the IP address of the sender

from http://aruljohn.com/info/howtofindipaddress/#gmail

CLG badly showing up the experts here.

The bit on the right of my mousepad on my laptop that allows you scroll up and down pages has just stopped working suddenly. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Ya mightn’t have to be an out and out techie to answer this but anyway…

Could be your touch pad driver.

Right Click on My Computer>Manage>Device Manager
The go to pointing devices on the right hand menu. expand the group find the one that mentions touchpad, right click on it, and select either properties or update driver.

I’m rushing out the door here now so those directions mightn’t be entirely accurate.

Thanks runt. Followed this and got to update driver did that and something happened and then it just said the device is working properly. Still not working though. Something came up before it stopped working about synaptics touch pad and i just clicked cancel as was in the middle of something else (not a wank). This is probably the root of my problem.
Any other ideas?

probably more qualified than most of them julio

Any advance on this runt or anyone else? very annoying not having the scroll function when your used to it

What make and model is your laptop?

Compaq not sure of the make

sorry model

Type *#06#

On the compaq the model is usually written at one corner of the monitor.

compaq CQ60430SA AMDRM72

That’s off the receipt
?

But your female? Qualified :lol:

A ha, so its you thats emailing KIB Man

Can you follow the steps I gave you above again, but when you right click on the touchpad go to properties and then the “Driver” tab and give me the date the driver was installed.

I also think the compaq have a thing within Start>Control panel and there is some kind of control panel for the touch pad within there. Open that up and make sure the scroll bar hasn’t been disabled in there.

Was installed 17/04/2008

Tried the second thing but can only find an option about a mouse?

What I would do myself is make a note of the driver version from properties, and then download a new version of the same driver. Delete the existing device from device manager and then run the newly downloaded driver. It would probably be best to have an external mouse on hand as well to use.

Good man thanks.
Don’t know will I risk that at this hour of the night. could make a complete bollox of it. Might have a go tomorrow.

Can I make another addition to the gola chats to runt thread?

Whenever I start using bit torrent to download music my internet starts running ridiculously slow. Can hardly get on to google without refreshing about ten times. Even when I switch off bit torrent this continues to happen (but not as bad) until I restart the computer.
Typed it into google and there’s loads of threads on it but the problem is the supergeeks don’t allow for someone who hasn’t got a bull’s notion and talk in a language I’m not familiar with.
Seeing as you seem to be a dual star runt ie a normal person who turns his hand to being a geek could you help me out in simple clear instructions? Or anyone else?
Thanks in advance.