Question for the techies

160 sterling on board’s,I’ll get the link / screen shot,

Can’t link it- Amazon us ,Google Nvidia shield best price ,just did heed the screen shot

Not one glitch this evening. Also @FatChops moved my buffering out to ten seconds.
Seems to have worked a treat lads.
Thank you

2 Likes

Sometimes there can be a big difference on either side of a double socket. So running the speed test is always a good idea to find the right spot.

2 Likes

Nice one man!
:ronnyroar:

1 Like

Screen gone on my old phone. Is it possible to transfer contacts and apps from old phone to new that are not on SIM? Old phone is still on but display gone so can’t see anything on it. Android to Android.

Connect the busted one up to a laptop with usb and i think you csn view the folder contents

2 Likes

Hook new one up as well and drag across?

Ya. Do old one first. Save off and then transfer to new one

1 Like

Much obliged

If you go for the same phone or same manufacturer, the phones PC loaded software should be able to clone everything across.

1 Like

How do I turn off this fucking predictive text. I have a pain in my hole going back in to edit posts

Android is it ?

Yup. Samsung of some sort

Settings > Language and Inputs

Should be an option there

1 Like

Cheers kid. I’ll let you know how I get on. I should have it sorted in an hour or two

I went for a lovely refreshing 5 minute swim this morning on playa chica beach in Lanzarote with my new Samsung 8 smartphone in the pocket of my swimming shorts. It’s working away grand since and I’m typing this on it. Would anyone have any idea if the phone is about to die or can it survive a morning dip,?

You should’ve taken the phone out of your pocket before going for a swim, mate.

7 Likes

@TreatyStones knew a fella who went for a long swim with one too and it was fine.

They are supposed to be waterproof. I’ve a S7 and it was submerged in water one time. There was a bit of an issue charging it, but once it dried out fully it was grand.

1 Like

If it’s working now you’ll probably be fine, airing out electronic devices in an airing cupboard for a couple of days before turning it on is the usual trick.

1 Like