Question for the techies

Good that there’s another decent provider out there,some are shite

Mines in the UK,tried a few here,not reliable

Happy to correct you here. Our guy is the berries.

Kinda hard to compare yours or mine,considering you can’t see mine and vice versa,also v happy to correct you

Is this only happening recently? My dodgy box has started giving me gip the last week or so after previously performing perfectly. It seemed to be ok last night but for the week before the TV stations were almost unwatchable they froze so much and the Videoclub was only a bit better.

It was always an issue with me. Never really bothered me as it only happened 2/3 times a night for 30 seconds or so. What got me wondering was when I went to watch a film or something on demand there was never an issue.
Ive taken @Copper_pipe s advice and have plugged the adapters directly into the wall.
Will only know if its worked this evening when the kids hook up their phones, tablets etc.

Can you run a speedtest using the app and send me a screenshot of the result. Just to rule out a speed issue

Pipe, if i bought a nvidia shield to replace my firestick, would that be a good thing to do?

@iron_mike If possible get the speedtest.net app onto the box as that speed (wired through home plug) is what you are trying to measure, not wifi in the house. This speed will be better (higher) than the wifi equivalent measured on your phone.

Not sure if the mag box has a variable buffer size as i dont use one but my box has and i have it set to the max, 10seconds, which in laymans terms means i can handle up to 10 seconds of signal interuption before i see same on screen.

1 Like

No comparison

have you shares in nvidia or what. If you aren’t posting about Cork you are posting about nvidia shields :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Like comparing a Fiat Punto to a Lamborghini. They’ll both get you to where you want to go. The Lambo will get you there that bit faster.

Firestick is perfect for IPTV in my opinion.

Mag box suits those who want an experience like sky or similar. Just turn on and it works. Firestick you must open app etc.

I wouldn’t bother with the Shield if you have a Firestick already to be honest.

1 Like

Wish, honestly i went through all those lagging proplems etc,just adding advice,I wasted money on crap,don’t want anyone else wasting theirs-mi box is also decent and cheaper

Just done that there now kid.
Fuck it , if it doesn’t work, Ill just ring Simon Harris and ball him out of it.

These are great for the price …

https://www.amazon.com/Headphones-Otium-Waterproof-Sweatproof-Cancelling/dp/B018APC4LE/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1549970611&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=otium+bluetooth+headphones&dpPl=1&dpID=41A2ndb%2BgzL&ref=plSrch

Have you a link? Boards is a big place. A search doesn’t find it.

Bargain alerts- Nvidia shield tips and tricks

They’re On amazon also

You’ll have to give me an old fashioned link.
I can’t find that.