Quitting smoking

Agreed its a joke and substitute, I think we think we are better off…
@carryharry have you ever tried the vape/marijannah? I did once out of the blue In a mates house and was seriously iout of it and not a nice way…

2 Likes

Give yourself little trial runs . Go to games with friends . Try not to drink or smoke at them .

Fair play Sid.

But just fucking quit already lads. It’s a pathetic habit.

3 Likes

You’d need to be a weak individual to still be smoking past your 20s, how dumb can you be? How could you look your kid in the eye if they saw you with a cig?

1 Like

I’ve been there kid - it was an awful moment. The look of disgust in her eyes… i was in bed with a black prostitute at the time tho.

5 Likes

Would it be ok to smoke behind their back?

1 Like

Mr Carr explains how scolding and lecturing doesn’t work and is often counterproductive.
You’ve probably made the poor lsd reach for the Marlboro already

Feckit isn’t ready

They must have wondered how someone could sink so low, lose all self respect and cast aside any notion of dignity…still, a girl’s got to make a living

1 Like

27th June, 2014. Went off them cold turkey, haven’t touched one since. Keep active and away from the pub for a while. Best thing ever you’ll do

Sure you o ly started on the 13th

:smile:

Its a great moment in a fathers life when their child can light the cigarette for you and have it waiting. You know you’ve really nailed the parenting lark then.

1 Like

It’s a great way to wean them off the dummy

I was never a heavy smoker but would have experimented and started young with them, was definitely in primary school when we as a group of close friends started smoking. Smoked on and off through my teens, my 20’s. Less so in my 30’s but started to get heavy on them going through a stressful time in my life in 2014. Seeing someone close dying of lung cancer prematurely was the catalyst, and that’s why I quit. Best decision you’ll ever make, a dirty habit/addition.

2 Likes

I’m off them 12 months now. Am absolutely convinced it has had a 50% effect on my recovery.

5 Likes

I very seldom go the pub or drink only time is xmas and funerals ect.
Very headstrong person so feel like iv a fighting chance

1 Like

You dope. Why would you need to be headstrong to quit doing something that’s dangerous, mostly unpleasant and antisocial

1 Like

I smoke when I’m drinking . Got my bloods done last week . Best iv got in ages . I’m fitter than I was in ages . A daily smoker is disgraceful I cant understand how you can stomach smoking everyday . Iv been smoking for 15 years .

Because,wanting a smoke is all in ur mind as stated only time I get a proper craving is after a meal.