Racism Continued

You must be replying to a different person on a different forum because for the life of me I can’t see where I said the discussion was limited or where I said there could be no commentary.

You’ve shut down two threads already. Never thought I’d see the day when censorship would come to TFK.

1 Like

Here comes an angry swarm of Galway bees.

10 Likes

No racism at all present so strange that the thread opens with this. A lot of posters spent hours arguing the cops were racist but that’s not the case at all. They won’t admit fault so we’ll have to give them a pass.

It was a split second decision and key from the footage of the drive thru were that the turning and firing the tazer and him getting shot was almost instantaneous. The shooting cop would have seen the turn and point and then decided to shoot. Tazers can be lethal if they hit other areas than centre mass but again it’s hard to know if all that was going through the cops mind when deciding to shoot.

When they decided to arrest him it seemed so relaxed they let their guard down, should they have got him on his knees,or stomach? Probably and it would have made the handcuffing smoother but it would look excessive.

This isn’t similar to what happened George Floyd at all.

I made the same point when Floyd George was killed, but one of the lefties thought that was hilarous.

Censorship! You’d have to try very hard to feel hard done by with all the censorship on here. There’s really nothing to take offence at. If you have a complaint send me a PM. If you don’t like it…

2 Likes

You had 100 posts on this very killing on the last topic. You complained when it was paused. Now you complain when it’s opened! Such anger.

2 Likes

Why did you shut down the prior two threads? Obviously you can do what you like, it’s your forum.

You’re being a tad dramatic – the other thread was closed because there was over 800 posts of the exact same shite going back and forth … it’s the only time on here the mods actually step in - it was the same with HBV - months and months of the same repetitive shite.

It’s a polite way of telling the Galway lads to up their game.

How about the thread closed this morning?

I havent seen that as i’m not watching every thread on racism fervently … so I cant comment.

Why dont you just chill out bro. You can still get your point across.

I explained why. The other topic was going nowhere. Nobody else had a chance to make a point because it was dominated by 2/3 people for 12 hours recycling the same opinions. It was pointless and preventing other people from reading or commenting on the topic.

The second one was an abomination of an effort that was shut for quality control reasons.

3 Likes

Fair enough, thanks for the clarification. So we are free to express our opinions that don’t meet the BLM narrative? Good to hear.

I was right in that thread that racism was no factor. As I’m right here too on that.

Yet you opened a racism thread with it. Must be tough to swallow being wrong twice so quickly.

So we’ll be allowed discuss factors that influence police behaviour here, and racism by all races against other races? Or is it just a forum for denouncing supposed privilege?

Maybe you should try thinking for yourself rather than swallowing what Marlene! is feeding you on Twitter.

I’ve put forward plenty of opinion — Just because I dont like to repeat it in 200-300 posts doesnt mean it’s not as valid as others.

I still love you bro.

I think this is the nuts of it. The aggression shown by the police, where they use unresonable force is a huge contributory factor.

There is obviously racism attached to many of these incidents. A gun culture fosters this heavy handed approach. If you are a cop, dealing with a crime, you have it in the back of your head that the other party is probably carrying a gun. They could end your life and that does not lend itself to rational decision making.

The culture of high school sports which can result in coaches adopting extreme autocratic behaviour which attempts to break down students, can do untold pyscological damage. Do some of these students join the police force? Absolutely.

Gun reform and reform on how people are recruited to police force are the first steps.

5 Likes

Read that topic again, I was answering questions and asking how some posters knew it was a racist killing which they kept repeating.

But it’s a real threat,what else should they use,non lethal options?

There is no question that police in the US are more nervous and trigger happy around black suspects, but that is true whether the police are white, black, Hispanic or Asian. There are more black men shot dead by black police than other police, which sort of defeats the racism angle to police killings in general.

The question you have to ask is why that is, the question that the white BLM supporter with the white board and advanced math that impressed @Thomas_Brady didn’t ask.