Random Hurling Team of the 90''s as Selected by Nobodies

Eamon Taaffe.

Google it

it was criminal that sherlock was left on the bench for so long in the 2006 AIF when one corner back was burning serious oil, in fact you could argue sherlock should have started, cork lost that final narrowly

Murphy was another serious corner back only for the headaches or whatever ailment he had

yes he was, he and sherlock better than Pat Mulcahy

Yes.

No love for Henry Martin lookalike big John caroll in the team of the decade.

Huh…

Sherlocks situation was similar to Peter Casey I suppose, Mulcahy didn’t put a foot wrong but nobody was in any doubt who the better player was

“If we won a penalty we’d be getting rid of the O’Neill’s ball and getting one of our favoured Cummins All Star balls into use. If we conceded a penalty I’d get rid of the match ball in use at the time and the dud ball would be rolled in. Never handed over. Rolled in, so that it would just appear to be lying on the grass waiting to be picked up. There was nothing obvious. It would just appear there. On the day, Kelly picked up the dud ball. It had been a job of work for one of our men to soften it up and still have it look like a newish O’Neill’s ball.

“It gave me great confidence to see him pick it up. To reassure opposing players, what we used to do was write the opposing county name in marker on the ball. Tipp!

that’s cheating pal… he pucked the ball short to counter a fantastic hald back line… wow…this is up there with the Cluxton pontificating…rarely do i remember (with the exception of last weeks penalty) either of them making a save…

1 Like

Mulcahy was a better full back than Diarmuid O’Sullivan as well.

Mulcahy was a brilliant centre back, if it hadn’t been for Curran he could have been a top class inter county player in that position, he had all the tools for it

An awful lot of guff there from a lad who let in a load of soft goals.

best watch your mouth sahn.

Ooooooft

were there any regulations in place before this was found out?

was it a loophole? I remember they introduced a rule where the sliotar had to be stamped afterwards

Goway ya fool of a man.

tfk_bot 1.0 is back. Wahey.

ooooft rattled stage 5

you are some naive cunt if you think Cork were the only crowd at this. Sure there was no standard sliotar.

Donal Og owned up to it and was pushing for standardization after taking advantage of it.

So, just to clarify your moral compass. You’re ok with homeless kids, but not with sliotar switching or a guy roaring at another guy in a hurling match?

playing a dud ball is cheating… obviously…

He was still shite shot stopper and is no where near as good as those which i mentioned.

1 Like