Random Hurling Team of the 90''s as Selected by Nobodies

Debut in 99. Too soon. He’ll be the entire forward line when they name the noughties team

1 Like

I meet Hennessy the odd time, his daughter lives across the road from my missus. Lovely man. He is always outside with the kids, they are all mad about him

1 Like

He’s always brilliant in interviews as well, a real character, a very likeable hurler as well, always played with a smile

2 Likes

How’s his health these days?

I won’t lie, he isn’t the picture of health. But he is good too at the same time. I have not asked either though.

In fact neither hurling or health never really come up. More just “great to see kids out all the time”
It is an unusual place from a modern perspective actually. The activity is insane.

His son hurls over here with us. Married to an English girl with two kids. Kevin has been over a few times. A gas man to be fair.

Is it in Midleton?

Throw up any personal info you have on him there kev

1 Like

Robbing fencing.

For a man of his stature he had some pair of hands & wrists. What a fucking hurler.

If ye had to do a team of the 00s what would it be? I’ll go Cummins, tyrell, hickey, Damien Reale, sean og, ken McGrath , Delaney, t Kenny, Derek lyng, Dan shanahan, king Henry, Ben o Connor, richie power, Eoin Kelly(tipp) And Eddie Brennan.

Flynn had a great game against Tipperary in the 1998 Munster semi final. Scored 0-5 from play. That was a real breakthrough win for Waterford. Bar a few wins over Kerry (who they also infamously lost to in 1993), Waterford’s only championship win in the 9 years prior to that since 1989 was a quarter final replay win over Clare in 1992. I think that 1998 match was possibly the first and last championship outing for Tipperary wonderkid, Michael Bonny Kennedy.

Bonny Kennedy that’s a blast from the past.

1 Like

Presume you forgot Tommy Walsh?

1 Like

I think you could justifiably pick the Kilkenny 15 2006 -2009

Reale? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Would you have him ahead of Jj or Sean og? Jj is the best ever imo and Sean og probably was a part of a transformation hurling. A very important figure of the 00s.

No Reale was better than him.

3 Likes

He was the only corner back to hold Eoin Kelly tipp

Walsh didn’t play any games corner back.