Rats

I can’t find the other rats thread

I found two dead rats lying on the grass in my back garden - they looked like they had died recently and looked dried out

Am I right to assume somebody nearby has a rat problem and has laid poison

Should I lay poison in my own garden too?

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1157610, member: 2272”]I can’t find the other rats thread

I found two dead rats lying on the grass in my back garden - they looked like they had died recently and looked dried out

Should I lay poison in my own garden too?[/QUOTE]

They may have been a birthday present from a shy neighbour.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1157610, member: 2272”]I can’t find the other rats thread

Yes and yes… I’d be very worried about this.

@Raymond Crotty

murder suicide?

1 Like

Have you a dog?

I’d say that’s a reasonable conclusion alright. I’d be very wary about putting poison down in the garden unless you can see evidence of an infestation. Better off to do a walk around the house and seal up holes and put traps down in the house, under the sinks and in the hot press.etc.

I am taking it very seriously. That’s why I came on here. Would a Staffordshire Bull Terrier hunt rats on instinct

Kids asking for one. Do I need a cat?

What’s problem with poison in garden - other pets, birds etc?

Find out what you have first, a pet dog will just eat poisoned rats and possibly kill itself. Poison is a disaster if they are in the house because the rats will die in some cavity and stink the place up. Look up the sophisticated traps, they are the business.

If it’s a dog for rats then the Jack Russell is your only man. But they aren’t good with kids. Any other dog is a waste of time. Cats can be the answer but they can go two ways, lazy as fuck or the really enthusiastic one who will kill the rat and bring it up to you in the bed and drop it on the pillow in an I’m so clever kind of a way.

Yes and possibly more important - children.

Plus one to this. The smell of a poisoned rat is unreal.

My amazing little cat left two headless birds outside the patio door last week for inspection. Two clean cuts and a gold star.

Did you give her a cup of tea for that?

No, a few whiska temptations

http://www.millbryhill.co.uk/pet-products-529/for-the-cat-539/cat-food-555/cat-treats-567/whiskas-temptations-treats-39408-8202_medium.jpg

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1157650, member: 168”]No, a few whiska temptations

http://www.millbryhill.co.uk/pet-products-529/for-the-cat-539/cat-food-555/cat-treats-567/whiskas-temptations-treats-39408-8202_medium.jpg[/QUOTE]
If you gave that in the first place the fucker wouldn’t be after the poor little birds.

1 Like

We had a Jack Russell. Brilliant dog.

You have kids and you are thinking about putting rat poison out your back? What a fucking mong.