Rats

See the Indian version of trapping? Corn fields or such like, wires all over the fields and every now and then some sham connects everything and bang each time gets loads as in piles of the fuckers that they burn nightly

A few Mink & hounds look the most violent way to exterminate those rat bastards.

1 Like

That was some infestation. Would normal farms in Ireland be prone to such problems with rat infestation and what are they commonly doing to keep numbers at bay? @KinvarasPassion @Massey

Unfortunately this is almost certainly the case. Might be an idea to make at least one room in the house a “safe room” and ye can all kip there until the threat subsides. In 2022

1 Like

Cats and dags

The cat in our garden is usually a lazy cunt but all credit to him he left us a “present” of a dead rat on the doorstep last week

1 Like

Just & Seems? :smile:

The sister-in-law has an infestation at the moment by all accounts. The fella from the Pest Solutions company they called in told her they have “rats the size of a sliced pan”, which I thought was a lovely turn of phrase.

2 Likes

Pig Slurry

Any good pest solutions company will drag the shite out of it too. It’d be like the Fawlty Towers episode where Basil is pretending to give the chef a bollocking

1 Like

I’d expect full ownership of the house to be signed over to the rats by the end of January.

With all the minks being culled, the rats will be running the country by next winter

A few years back I was involved in a transaction where a fella bought a large commercial property that had been fire damaged and boarded up for 2 years. When they got access to it there was a massive rat infestation. Thousands and thousands of the dirty little bastards.

Rentokill had two or three goes at it and couldn’t wipe them out. In the end a fella had to be paid cash and he went in over a weekend with a few dogs and a shotgun. He was in his element…

Subsequently when the builders went in the were taking down the ceilings and hundreds of dead rats came with it and fell on top of the lads. There was grown men crying for their mammy by all accounts

8 Likes

Their reproduction figures are astronomical. If they establish a bridgehead at all they’re doughty terratorial battlers. @tazdedub might think we’re joking but they’re like Trump, indefatigable. They’ll be like the Vietcong streaming south - never-ending.

1 Like

That would be heaven to a hunting lad with terriers.

1 Like

I got a bad smell from the shed a few months ago, It lingered for a while and I couldn’t find the source, yesterday I found this decomposed body in a bag of old hi Vis vests, is it a rat???

Looks like @artfoley’s last effort at non-slap-headness.

7 Likes

Is it a mink or a stoat?

1 Like

I just assumed it was a rat, looking back on the photo it could be a hedgehog?? Hard to tell, I’ve already burned the body

I don’t think you’re allowed burn rats any more. @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy will be issuing an infraction.

1 Like