RAVENOUS (Part 1)

Bejaysus a blaa and ham is grand. Do you remember a couple who ran a very small shop on the Cork Rd @Fagan_ODowd. It would’ve been just before where Woodies is now. Grandest couple you’d meet and by far finest ham blaas in the city

Dunphys. A lovely family. Probably a bit of South Kilkenny in them with that name.

1 Like

You’re right, Tom was it ? Can’t think of his wife’s name, a proper lady and gentleman

Hitting into the late night desserts now.

Mince pie and brownie on this round.

Plum pudding probably on the next.

Cc @bandage

1 Like

Don’t forget the moist maker in the sambos today.

1 Like

@TreatyStones or @backinatracksuit , how long would you boil the shit out if the Turkey carcass to get a good broth and what else would you fire in with it?

Correct.

The spiced beef is gonna get it today… C’maaaaan

Stewed rhubarb from the garden, glorious stuff

6 Likes

You can freestyle that, whatever you have, except potatoes or cabbagy things (sprouts)

I would roast the carcass for a bit longer, will bring out more flavour. Make sure to have a few meaty bits in there as well
Nothing has to be peeled, just chopped roughly, loads of onions, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, whatever other herbs you like, salt and pepper

About 3 hours, you can’t really go wrong, use a stock cube or 2 for extra flavour

3 Likes

Thank you. I’ll give that a whirl

Sorry just to clarify, are you saying roast rather than boil the carcass?

You have to boil it afterwards, but roast it first, it will add colour and extra flavour to your stock/broth

2 Likes

Thanks boss. I’ll get ar it there this evening

5 Likes

We go again

5 Likes

I think I enjoyed the dinner more today. Was grazing all day yesterday and was hardly hungry sitting down for it

2 Likes

Ditto - had a big starter too. Today’s got demolished

Potato ratio a little low, pal.

1 Like

Nice generous glass of wine