RAVENOUS (Part 1)

Croquette balls with cheese and onion made up the shortfall.

Slept through the last half hour of into the west. Knackered so I was.

1 Like

It may be too late but you should be putting some sort of vinegar in with it. It helps leech the marrow out of the bones. That’s the shit you want. I use cider vinegar.

2 Likes

A bit full on for a starter

1 Like

Venison steak? Fry fast and hot?

1 Like

I actually can’t remember what I did.

I think it was around 3 mins each side. Then left to rest for 10 mins.

1 Like

Lovely bit of tea

14 Likes

Lovely bit of baked camembert and some homemade crusty bread there with an Erdinger Dunkel.

1 Like

Can’t beat eating the main course at 11.30 at night during Christmas.

5 Likes

This was purchased with a bigger crowd in mind… Too much for the 4 of us. Will drop a couple of dinners into the neighbours who have a new baby I’d say…

Stuffed pork loin

9 Likes

Lovely homemade vegetable soup waiting for me when I got in from work… Lovely bit of blue cheese added to it.

Trying to decide what we’ll order in tonight… Might go with Thai.

1 Like

The place by the South County? Gress as t good there

I’ve done an Indian curry from scratch here, lamb, my own cobbled together dry spice mix, my eldest is gonna do Nan bread

8 Likes

Few Jimmy Floyd spuds with it

8 Likes

You need to slice them a bit thinner and baste them more often. It’s a tough old slog but worth it. You can use a few gadgets to help slice the potato, a big spoon works but you have to be flexible and have good hand eye coordination. Garlic on the last basting.

1 Like

I’m making a coq au vin here lads and it’s going to be spectacular. Ye should consider making it a staple, it’s easy and nutritious cc @Thomas_Brady and fucking delicious. Marinate a few boneless breasts of chicken in red wine, bay leaves and thyme. Fry a few slices of bacon and set them aside. Add a bit of olive oil and butter and fry a chopped onion and a finely chopped up carrot, add sliced mushrooms and garlic and a bit more butter. Saute for 5 minutes. Throw all that onto a plate. Turn up heat and sear a few boneless chicken breasts, add more oil and butter and a few shakes of flour and stir for 2 minutes. Add back everything else and wine marinade, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes, roast potatoes or rice.

5 Likes

God bless the Mammy.

11 Likes

We go again.

cc @gilgamboa

4 Likes

What @Tassotti would call a Hot Pot.

8 Likes

Throw up the menu there or the contents…

2 Likes

1 Like