RAVENOUS (Part 1)

Inshallah

Only trick to mash spuds is drain them thoroughly then back into the same hot pot and then let them alone for a bit before doing anything else. Water evaporates out while sitting there and can then lash the butter salt and milk in.

3 Likes

Or a lot of people would add a bit of the starchy water they were cooked in to the potatoes when mashing

Kids back to school/WFH has presented some prime time panty-dropping Fri lunches! Hopefully anyway

14 Likes

Quick :dart: before the Gold Cup be grand

1 Like

Much nicer mash today

1 Like

Talk us through it kid.

1 Like

This effort was prepared by the better half who is not a roaster. Nice dollops of butter evenly spread through the mash.

No milk? Cream? The spuds weren’t par boiled last night then wrapped in fennel leaves and left to infuse for 10 hours?

What kind of mad woman / man are you with?

1 Like

I’m lucky to have her. She went without spuds herself so I could have a roaster portion.

1 Like

She wouldn’t hurl spuds to a mucker.

Your miwadi game is solid

Another trick is after you strain them, walk outside and shake them in the fresh crisp Irish air for a minute.
It’s a game changer.

2 Likes

Roaster special

6 Likes

Roasters be clane mad for peas apparently. I fucking hate peas.
A big hape of peas is completely anathema to me. Likes withheld accordingly.

6 Likes

Just when we thought the lads had taken the thread to new heights, Iron Mike pulls the kitchen door down off its hinges to serve up a masterpiece of rustic fare. :clap:

6 Likes

Chicken and beef? And is that a door you’re eating off?

1 Like

What did ye have for main course kid?

Home grown peas are tremendous. My favourite vegetable. Not that plentiful though unfortunately.

I’ve a bit of lamb in the oven